Thread: Need a suggestion for cpu cooling

Need a suggestion for cpu cooling

I am having a dual core system with 4gb ram. The issue is that I worry that my CPU is getting heated. I came to know that by a desktop software. But after sometime things goes normal. Does I need to change the CPU fan for the same. What is the best options for a CPU fan I can add up to protect my processor form getting heated up. I need some suggestion for CPU cooling.

Re: Need a suggestion for cpu cooling

It is very important that you have to see for the CPU cooling as if you do not see this then your processor will burn up in just few seconds without an sufficient heat sink + fan combo. It's so critical because the temperature that the processor is running at will decide its lifespan. So the higher the temperature, the lower the life time. If the CPU get heated then it reduces the life of the processor. So it better to invest some amount on the cooling.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Conventional heatsink + fan combo may be sufficient for overclocking up to 50% of the original rated speed of the processor, water cooling, peltier, or even refrigeration like Kryotech and Vapochill are other alternatives to take things a step higher than heatsink/fan. You can use the normal fan which comes with processor if you does not want to go for overclocking.

Did u check if there is not any dust in the heatsink
    excessive dust can block the air coming from the fan which is supposed to pass through heatsink
    so between the fan and heatsink, clean all the dust u can and you are gud to go
    also, change the thermal compound/TIM if u can. Just buy some from any computer shop and change it, there are many videos on how to do it

as for external cooling, i bought a 5-inch fan for 230 rupees.
    u can check the prices in ur city, it helped me drop some 3-4 drgrees

Most of them try to keep away from using water cooling in their case because they have a irrational fear of water, that is running water in their system. As an alternative, most of them select for the option of heatsink/fan plus peltier. This will bring lower than ambient temperature, but will never come close to sub-zero or even chilly temperature. So, one of the better grouping and the most affordable sub zero cooling system will still be the water cooling and peltier combo. But the peltier takes up a lot of power, so you need to have at least a 300W power supply to run a peltier.

Kryotech and Vapochill are other more expensive alternatives, but they do get the job done. These cooling systems are big, bulky but effective. They might bring your processor temperature down to -40°C at idle condition and maintain sub-zero temps. But if you have high end gaming computers then you will definitely need one of those. This are some of the suggestion for CPU cooling.

There are multiple options available for CPU cooling. There are dedicated computer fans available for the same. You can get any of those and that too at reasonable cost. You can see list of different type of fan that are much faster and equipped with a better heatsink support. If you have a basic computer that you use then switched to your basic system only.