Thread: Overclocking failed message in windows 7

Overclocking failed message in windows 7

Hi,
    I have a PC running on Windows 7. There is 4GB RAM with MSI board and Intel Quad core processor. I want to overclock my processor. But when I did that with Riva Tuner overclocking failed message appeared. I restarted my system just to ensure that something worst might not happened. What is the message about. I need some software recommendation for this process.

Re: Overclocking failed message in windows 7

The message is one of the most irritating message while overclocking. The problem has various reasons here. Overclocking put immense pressure on the computer hardware. So it is necessary that you have a proper PSU in your computer. If it is less that what is needed then you are at great risk of putting your system on the edge. Check your system requirements for the same.

The failed message error can be due to timing issue of memory any video card problem. The system is not able to properly communicate with all which is resulting the message. Sometime down configuration also results the same. First and most important thing needed is enough power supply. So that your hardware gets enough energy and can perform better.

OCCT is a software is more a test of stability, it allows you to reference in their database different overclocking tested and approved by this software. You will also get the temperature curves of your processor and various voltages monitored. Here you will be able to detect feeding problems that might hinder your quest to Mhz. It is recommended that you run this for a hour or more.

Many time in a system due to improper configuration the overclocking feature becomes hard to implement. Lets take this for example. You have a Intel processor with Windows 7 and 2 Gigs of Ram. You have an additional 1GB Gpu which is ignored. Now this cause drawing more power than what needed. Perform a proper memory test and don't overload your processor.

Prime95 is the ancestor of Orthos or Stress Cpu MT, you can use this old version, torture test mode in the options tab, this program involves your processor and memory and is heated strongly. Do not support multi-core, you need to duplicate the folder in Program files and create shortcuts as much as cores available. If you want to be sure of the stability of a system, have it run for 24 hours. An error message will warn you of a problem of instability it may happen that the computer crashes or restarts, review your settings then.