Thread: Overclock core i7 with Gigabyte EX58-UD4P

Overclock core i7 with Gigabyte EX58-UD4P

hi
    i have decided to overclock Core i7 with the EX58-Gigabyte UD4P . i think this is not the most accessible range of Taiwanese i want to know about performance and how much its is responding comparing to the other configuration ??

Re: Overclock core i7 with Gigabyte EX58-UD4P

BIOS level, i find the usual organization of Gigabyte and Phoenix. However, the regulars of the mark will learn that in this model, as in many recent products of Taiwan, the combination of CTRL + F1 does not allow access to advanced features. They are all present in the BIOS . Fortunately, the part dedicated to the CPU and overclocking is much more complete. It may indeed change the status of all functions relating to that component (Hyper Threading, Turbo Mode, sleep modes ...) but also all the frequencies and voltages in relatively large ranges, which should allow fans undervolting and overclocking, they are advanced users .

only real regret about the Turbo function of Gigabyte EX58-UD4P, which can simply activate or not, but why can not make finer adjustments as the coefficient applied to each core by this, as in the case of model Intel.Tensions may also be placed on an Auto mode that allows the motherboard to determine their value based on the processor and parameters entered by the user.

Other minor features are also present, such as Gigabyte CIA 2, but did not seem able to accommodate Core i7. Indeed, this function supposed to boost the frequency of the processor (via the base frequency) depending on the load simply prevented the machine from starting.

The memory performance can be increase with the Performance Enhance, changing little things in practice. Fortunately, profiles X.M.P. compatible memory are also supported. The voltage required will be applied to modules, regardless of the setting.Here is a summary of maximum and minimum voltage that the motherboard can apply to different elements:

* CPU VCore: 0.5 to 1.9 V
    * QPI / ATV: from 1075 to 1995 V
    * CPU PLL: 1.3 to 2.52 V
    * QPI PLL: 0.8 to 1.6 V
    * IOH Core: 1 to 2 V
    * ICH Core: from 0.92 to 2.38 V
    * DRAM: 1.3 to 2.6 V

Its BIOS is indeed quite comprehensive, and offers automated management of stress for those who do not want to complication . Moreover, the functions of automatic overclocking of the Easy Tune 6 will allow those who want more power without the slightest difficulty. Conversely, those who seek the lowest consumption in keeping a normal operating frequency can also use tools such as DES Gigabyte Advanced. The gains are minimal, but they can be improved for those who will bother to test their processor with voltage lowered.