Thread: Overclock a G4 QuickSilver

Overclock a G4 QuickSilver

Is there way to overclock PowerMac G4 Quicksilver years 2001/2002, production i heard that it can be overclocked with the following sonnet also tell me the way to change processor? Also is it also compatible with OS X ? please reply me
    thanks

Re: Overclock a G4 QuickSilver

Forcing a CPU to go faster than its original speed, makes it identify more heat. This latter is the enemy number 1.Try to follow the variations of temperature of your CPU with a program like Metronome Sonnet.Below 40 ยบ C temperature is normal. Beyond trying to insert the thermal paste (silicone grease) between the processor and add the radiator or the radiator fan.

Some where i read that it is also compatible with OS X Panther Tiger etc.Even that it has a relatively old device which is not leopard / barely running and that it is a PowerMac (desktop) . I know not what quicksilver is correct? Is that limited edition or something? That would push the price up to (more collectible than a computer so ...).It is still a good device for what office and internet .

To overclock the PM 867 The Sonnet CPU cards which plug built in place of the original mode can help you so do an upgrade and also make it with cpu. also another help can be way to modify a standard PC ATX power supply that for Quicksilver on the Mac using the pin to 28v. On the net search for such adapter.

The cards are Sonnet processor upgrades, not the kit for Overclocking! Do not confuse between the two, if you want to scrape the bottom of the barrel to earn a few more Mhz in the risk of frying the whole thing, go Overclocking. If you look on the net find some tutorials on how to do it, but I would not recommend it to you.

Installing a upgrade processor is not good idea you can instead give new life to your Mac, some models even allow to switch from mono to bi-processor. Check the website of the manufacturer for compatibility

For my G4 400MHz , Video Card PCI, I'm waiting for the Encore G4 ZIF Type EG4-1000-1M-U Sonnet processor upgrade card for G3/G4. So from 400 to 1000 MHz to viewing TSATA PCI Card 2-Port Serial ATA Card, Sonnet ever with 2 HD 120 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.