Thread: Overclock Apple eMac

Overclock Apple eMac

Hi,

I purchased my eMac in late December 2003 for € 800, with a discount (model discontinued). Its starting configuration:
    Apple eMac Mac OS X 10.2.2 (Jaguar) G4 800MHz 128MB RAM 40GB HDD CD-ROM Internal 56K Modem . I'm trying to Overclock my eMac to higher frequency, but i dont know about overclocking mac so please help me .
    thanks

Re: Overclock Apple eMac

I think you should try to find the resistors labeled R1506-R1514, etc like I did on my old 800Mhz model. They are labeled at top to bottom R1506, R1509, R1512, R1515, and R1518. Simply they are jumpers for board mounting. Now you can change multiplier settings by changing this configuration of these resistors. To remove the resistor you will need soldering iron also extra solder.

Note that the eMac has two independent IDE channels (such as using a PC) even if it only uses two disks Ð DD and one on CD-ROM (or writer) to another. For the iMac CRT by exmeple, both drives are on the same IDE bus (single). I think the eMac has only been lucky because the two disks are physically located on each side of the motherboard! ? a means in any case we can connect 4 IDE drives in the eMac (but not the iMac). To test this theory I have 3 HDD IDE connected at once original and two others via a long flat IDE cable plugged into the connector CD on the motherboard. And it works! Three SD were rested for the CS (CableSelect). But I used an external power supply for both SD Additional to avoid saturating the alim Ð the eMac not knowing how far I could push.

60% increase in processor speed The best for last, and most difficult! The processor 800MHz eMac 133MHz running already (bus speed) . We speed things to increase the multiplier PLL. The processor is a PPC 7455A .The multiplier PLL is controlled by a set of resistors on the motherboard

You should think carefully before acting. Warning ...
    - Have a plan before starting;
    - To go slowly and carefully;
    - You use the right tools, and stop, go take a look at the hardware store nearest if you do not have what it takes;
    - Do not scatter the pieces, screws, etc.., Around, and do not mix them. Make notes As a precaution;
    - Allow the high voltage eMac dissipate after turning off (30 minutes);
    - Tap the metal shell of the eMac's before putting his hand on the screwdriver or a room inside;
    - If you're not sure you can do, drop, put everything in place ... You will come back later, there was no fire!
    - Do you help a friend who knows about PC or other electronic equipment;

I suspected that recent samples of model input range could be certified processors for better speed (underclock). But in fact the result is more than surprising. The eMac is running at 1.33 GHz without any change to the original ventilation system! And so far no problem making it pass stringent tests for the processor! at 1.33 GHz frequency I have seen absolutely no problem.