Thread: ASRock ION 330HT-BD nettop overclocking

ASRock ION 330HT-BD nettop overclocking

hi
    i am having computer by amd also recently i got this ASRock ION 330HT-BD nettop from my sister still my bother were using it and now i got chance to use hands on it so i am looking to overclock this so please tell me first is this capable to do so ?? also tell me about its wifi i have not used it !! what about os to choose for it ??
    thanks

Re: ASRock ION 330HT-BD nettop overclocking

The processor is an Intel Atom 330. This is a dual-core Atom has a clock speed of 1.6 GHz. Also available on the Hyper-Threading what benefits programs that can handle multiple threads. The BD-330HT ION is built around the ION platform and its motherboard is the AMCP7AION-HT. This variant has a GeForce 9400M as IGP and sleeps two SO-DIMM DDR2 memory modules. By default, the system comes with two Gigabyte 1GB modules of Elixir. If this is not enough you can still spread to 4GB. so basically its like why to overclock !!!???

The nettop is already having a standard receiver for wireless internet. The wireless communications is provided by a Mini-PCI-e Atheros WLAN receiver. This card supports 802.11n, allowing wireless streaming video files to your system no problem. Would you prefer the system can also connect wired, one Gigabit LAN port is present. so you will get good speed ..

You must own a Windows license to work there or buy a Linux-Distribution. Ubuntu with XBMC or XBMC Live is a popular choice for many people. Note that the remote (yet) work under Linux. It is also possible ASRock ION 330HT-BD to buy a Windows 7 Home Premium installed

The ASRock ION BD-330HT is a very interesting product. With the ION platform is the device able to play 1080p content, while only a limited size. The energy and the Blu-ray player plus points. In addition the machine consists of components from high quality standard and has been a WLAN card and an eSATA port. but some times become becomes noisy

Something you might not have expected from this little device is that you can also overclock. Standard processor runs at a clock speed of 1.6 GHz, but this speed you overclock up to 2.1 GHz. That is an increase of approximately 30 percent, but since the heat also greatly increases the fans to run harder. Since the BD-330HT then about as much noise as an Xbox 360 at full speed, I do not really worth it to overclock this machine. It is a nice addition , but actually, the BD-330HT not suited to overclocking.