Thread: Overclocking Radeon HD 5770

Overclocking Radeon HD 5770

Overclocking means push our hardware to its limits, which always gives us some satisfaction. But on the other, we also know that you will not get all the same performance, overclocking is not an exact science. It is risky. But I want to try the same. I have a Radeon HD 5770 graphic card which I thing can stand overclocking. I have a system case full of ventilation and liquid cooling. Need some suggestion on same.

Re: Overclocking Radeon HD 5770

Heat pipes are generally very useful the more there are, the better they do. This is a crucial point, the cooling systems of reference are generally designed to keep the GPU temperature of 80 to 90 ° C at normal frequency, while generating the noise level tolerable. So the question is how you will know that your processor is frying up and that is the point you must stop. I am too confuse about this. Once I start playing game you remain unaware about the processor.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

If you start increasing the frequency of the GPU, you increase the amount of heat, which means that the fan in his attempt to dispel it, will gradually become louder with acceleration forces, until when it arrives at its maximum speed. Once it reached, it becomes impossible to continue to increase the frequency. In general, the cooling systems of reference maps offer little, even if the fan is able to circulate enough air through the heatsink, it is limited by its surface. So there is still not optimum solution. I will only recommend to perform overclocking only on those processor which are made for it.

It happens at about the same thing when two graphics cards in tandem muscular work in a SLI or CrossFire. Even when their fans turn up, they often leave the losing battle against the heat release. The problem in this case, from the air circulation: one that contains the case is not sufficiently renewed, which means it heats up over time. At some point, the temperature becomes so high that in practice, it cools the GPU more. The heat builds up in the GPU (as well as other components of the computer).

In an ideal world, these two elements should always take care of overclocking and clock scaling (that is to say, reducing the frequency of the GPU and memory in 2D mode), but unfortunately some manufacturers do are not always very scrupulous and simply overclock the GPU five percent and then label the map "OC Edition. The 3D performance support them are actually improved slightly, but maintain a blocked card overclocked frequency has a big disadvantage it prevents slow when it is inactive. That is any benefit to your electricity supplier, but it is quite another to your portfolio. Moreover, a graphics card always run at full speed always relieve the same amount of heat that you play the most demanding 3D games or you simply surf the Internet.

In general, we consider that in 2D mode, the frequency would drop to 300/600/100 MHz (GPU / shader / memory) on Nvidia cards. For ATI cards, these values depend on the model. Although the graphics processor is generally downclock to 240 or 500 MHz, GDDR5 memory of older cards tends to remain stuck at its maximum speed. However, be aware that overclocking has an immediate effect on consumption rest cards on both chip makers because it also increases their frequency in 2D mode. The final factor, namely the voltage of the GPU, also depends on card manufacturer.