Thread: Basic requirements for overclocking

Basic requirements for overclocking

I want to buy a new PC. My priority choice is Games. So it is natural that I will overclock my processor. Recently my friend a killed his processor by overclocking. I am not so desperate. I also don't want to spend a large amount of money on motherboard and processors. I want a full pack that can perform basic overclocking and handle up my gaming pressure. What can be most low level hardware configuration for this.

Re: Basic requirements for overclocking

The best case for any type of overclocking is Xigmatek Midgard. It is unfortunately still quite difficult to find in stores but mine is great. At a low cost it offers a neat design, without mounting screws nearly full and proper ventilation and more variable with a potentiometer. It comes in addition to spending in V2, with corrections, etc. It is an ideal choice for gaming and overclocking.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

The recommended RAM for the same is Corsair CX400W. It is an excellent power input range, which now supersedes the Earthwatts 380W to rank higher input power range. The RAM can tolereate high pressure and intense heat when you overclock the system and push the processor to its limit. But overclocking is risky this can kill your motherboard and memory. Do that on your own risk.

If you are looking for a motherboard then Asus M4A785TD-V EVO is the most suitable. Motherboard 785G-based performance, compatible with DDR3 and still at a very reasonable. This is the best thing which I like about it. I have some more suggestion in the motherboard but they are of no use. Because they are very costly and needs higher types of hardware support.

As per my view the more entry level processor for overclocking can be AMD Athlon X4 II 620. The first reason is that it is reasonable. The performance is very impressive performance, often compared to the Core 2 Quad Q6600 Intel, a Must-Have in his time. With 4 cores and the development of software and games, which begin to show interest to have a CPU with more than 2 cores. Its overclocking potential is quite good thanks to its 2.6GHz frequency "only" original.

Every overclocking CPU needs a good heat sink. That means a nice fan that can draw heat out of the processor so that it must not be destroyed. Evolution of the Vendetta 2, Gladiator Max incorporates qualities, including a silent PWM fan, adding a 4th heat pipe of 8mm in diameter, all in direct contact (HDT) with the CPU. You can go with your traditional motherboard fan but adding a some extra you will get more safer options.

Go for AMD Phenom X2 550 BE. In just Rs. 4800 u will get a processor that you can easily overclock (with AMD overdrive s/w only no need to go to BIOS) to 3.4 GHz even with crappy AMD heat sink. If you put a good CPU cooler you can overclock it to 3.9 to 4 GHz without any prob.

You need to make sure you have temperature and fan monitoring programsThe quality of the motherboard is crucial for successful overclocking! Due to the fact that the CPU produces fewer 'clean' signals in overclocked mode, reflections and other flaws on the bus can cause the system to crash or hang. If you look at the maximum clock speed AMD has been offering in its dual-core portfolio, which is 3.2 GHz in case of the Athlon 64 X2 6400+, and compare it to the clock speeds users reach by overclocking them (that would be only 100 - 200 MHz more), there is not much of a margin left.