Thread: Extreme power supply for Windows 7

Extreme power supply for Windows 7

I have an I7 processors running along with Windows 7 on my machine. I would like to know that what should be the size of power supply in watts on Windows 7? What is the actual differences between I7 and I5? I'm planning to use Extreme, just for development. So can any one tell me that what should be the Extreme power supply for Windows 7? Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Extreme power supply for Windows 7

Cooler Master is great for PC case, even the best... but their power supply are nothing but trouble. Ultra X3 600w or 800w. 600 should be fine but its up to you. The power consumption won't be significantly different from your current system.

Make sure you have high ampage rails for stable OCes. Though any decent high wattage PSU will have good high amp rails. The eXtreme Power Plus RS-460-PMSP-A3 from Cooler Master pushes out 460W of power to handle your system. It is compliant with the newest Intel ATX 12V v2.3 specifications so it is a great choice for both replacements and new builds.

This suggests more like 500W, under the same conditions. Maybe the disparity is to give adequate capacity with a cheap PSU. Power Xtreme is the akasa PSU series of 1kW and above class. It is the ideal solution for ultimate gaming and graphics systems. A single high-end graphics card could add 300W more, with two PCI-E power connectors needed.

You need to just check total power output, find out what you need in the way of current on each power rail. Total Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important. If you need 20 A on your +12V rails and the supply only has 15A, it doesn't matter how many watts the supply puts out, don't buy it. Make certain that you have ENOUGH rails, too: sometimes, you need more than just two +12V rails for your setup. eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Pro version contains Amperage per +12V, +5V and +3.3V power supply rails, recommended UPS rating, multiple video cards and more.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER COP View Post
    You need to just check total power output, find out what you need in the way of current on each power rail. Total Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important. If you need 20 A on your +12V rails and the supply only has 15A, it doesn't matter how many watts the supply puts out, don't buy it. Make certain that you have ENOUGH rails, too: sometimes, you need more than just two +12V rails for your setup. eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Pro version contains Amperage per +12V, +5V and +3.3V power supply rails, recommended UPS rating, multiple video cards and more.
    For I core 7, it might consume about 95Watt alone.(might be 30watt more than previous model).For Window 7, I don't think the power consumption is bigger than window vista. The most important thing to choose PSU will depend on what graphic card you are going to use..... For middle end to high end PSU, i would suggest FSP!!