Thread: Best practice to Overclock a Processor

Best practice to Overclock a Processor

Hi,
    I had never overclocked a processor. I had a Intel Quad Core processor. Now I have to run a high end graphic program on it for a project work. When I run the application it takes a long time to load up the screen. Second the tools in it works very slow. I had heard about overclocking that it gives you more system resource to use. So how can I safely overclock my processor without frying it.

Re: Best practice to Overclock a Processor

Always perform all steps properly and evenly. You must have a required equipment. The overclocking requires good equipment throughout the system: ventilation, power, possibility of setting motherboard, processor stepping, high-end RAM. My system configuration in which I perform regular overclocking is P4TSE Biostar Motherboard, Intel processor, 1GB RAM, CPU cooler box ,
    Power 700w, etc. I had never faced any issue in my case. You can simply use RivaTuner application for overclocking.

Without requiring extreme power, you need a stable system and adequate system resource. Today 400w is well beyond reason. A good power supply is strongly recommended with all sources (5V, 3.3V, 12V, etc.). By this your system remains independent and therefore when you put a higher voltage to your CPU it does not issue the watts to the detriment of another source. Here you get a flawless work and no risk of burning out.

Today every processor can be overclocked. After one must admit that this is the only component that luck plays an important role. In our example we P4C 3.0 could very well go up to 4.2Ghz like staying at 3.4. This does not control. However, some series production are sometimes better than others. Here I mean that some processor are the best for overclocking. Also it is necessary that you must have a heat sink on the chipset (Northbridge) and at worst a radiator, but it is not necessary on the Southbridge.