Thread: How to boot with higher FSB

How to boot with higher FSB

I must say that I am new in the world of overclocking. I calculated coeff x9 x FSB, saying that it must go! Well I will explain, I began (by reading tutorials) to understand the basics of overclocking and I began to apply it to my config (which was a good time, but I want to boost before the change)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965G-DS4 bios F9i (latest beta bios, the problem arose even before!)
    CPU: Core2Duo E6600
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DDR2 PC6400 (800MHz) (unfortunately PC5300 recognized by cpuz but hey that's another problem we can solve in the bios)
    Graphics card: Asus EN8800GTX (that I can OC with RivaTuner)
    PSU: Antec NEO HE 550W

I just get a CPU cooler Noctua NH-U12P + SE2 a fan kit for Corsair Ram, short enough to start a small overclock for proper air-cooling!

The problem I encounter now is that I can not boot with FSB 400 type (even lowering the coeff to 6 x 400 = 2400MHz as origin), which would give me with 2.0 ratio for the memory turning to the normal frequency, ie DDR2 2 x 400 = 800 (assumed frequency of origin)

PC does not start, and requires a CMOS clear to leave! I once managed to boot with FSB 360, or 9 x 360 = 3240 MHz, CPU max temp 42 °C, memory 2 x 360 = 720 MHz

What should I do? Do I have to raise some voltages? Thing I've done: Vcore from 1.325 to 1.375 (even unsuccessfully tried 1.40V) and Ram voltage of 1.80V to 2.10V (2.20V tried also broken). I have already passed an address that I found with the correct FSB = 340 MHz so CPU = 3060 MHz memory 425 MHz but I think I can do much better!

I'm confused about the frequencies and voltages PCI-E. I selected frequency PCI-E 100

In short, how to successfully boot with a FSB higher? What is the point that block at startup, reboot it every 5 seconds! ==> Screwdriver to clear CMOS!

Re: How to boot with higher FSB

Fixed initially in your bios
    Ram timing and voltage spec of the manufacturer (written on the strips) the frequency depending on the FSB and the strap
    Pcie frequency on 100
    And should not be from 2.4 GHz to 3.6 GHz in 1 core, he must go gradually
    would you post the options in your bios, and log voltages

So here's a few more items:

My Ram is the HyperX 2 x 1GB DDR2 PC6400 Low Latency 4-4-4-12 Voltage 2.0V, here is what is written above, unless they are recognized by PC5300 in CPUZ, and also in the bios, the base voltage is 1.8V and frequency 667, then
    - I blocked the memory voltage to +0.2 V, like that here is 2.0V
    - Timings to 4-4-4-12, normal strap I know what it is
    - The PCI-e frequency to 100, OK

My goal is to first find the limit of RAM, leaving the CPU around its original frequency by increasing either the FSB or the ratio.

Regarding what I have to post (options in your bios, and log voltages)? for the bios I think it's fairly commonplace, it is all tensions fsb, pci-e, vcore ...

For the logs I see it too!

When you do overclock at first you made with frequencies of ram less than the max manufacturer, and once you've reached your goal of the overclock the processor, you optimized the frequency of your ram

the strap will help set the frequency of your ram, usually put on 333 and if the freq proposed are higher than the manufacturer spec, you strap 400 passes

the processor, it is not enough to raise the vcore and fsb, it must also take into account other pressures that you offer your motherboard and normally CPU PLL, FSB termination voltage and NB

First Prev in time is the voltage in the bios, you have a hardware monitor tab
    how much you want to be installed?