Thread: What is the use of fsb in overclocking

What is the use of fsb in overclocking

I have a Quad Core processor. I have alos installed 3 gpu by SLI bridge support. Now I want to overclock the process to play crysis. I have performed the same some time before also. But while in the process the CPU temperature goes very high. I had read somewhere that FSB is plays a important roll in over clocking. How can you explain this. Also list some points on the same topic -

Re: What is the use of fsb in overclocking

The front side bus speeds up our processor's internal process but also affects other buses critical to the stability of the system. All side bus depends in one way or another processor front side bus. The AGP, PCI, memory, PCI Express bus .... all depends on the front of the computer. They are always multiples or divisors of the bus and therefore if we increase the speed of this bus frequencies of these buses increased proportionately. Now almost all boards have frequently blockers for these buses, at least for the more delicate as the serial ATA or PCI Express, but previously had to learn to deal with this problem and use overclocking frequencies where we knew a divider arger buses to keep the side in place.

On arrival of Serial ATA The problem grew as the serial ATA with just one more frequency MHz becomes feasible. Since then, motherboard manufacturers introduced selectable dividers and then later complete blockade of these buses at a certain frequency. The problem of the PCI bus or hard drives is now eradicated in almost any current board but the memory will always depend, at least for now, the front of the computer bus. The bus communication with memory is none other than the CPU front side bus, used buses of different capacities and intermediate dividers to control but to present day there is no board to monitor both frequencies independently. However selectable dividers in bios to control the frequency of these especially when greatly increased front side bus frequency.

Increase the frequency of any component leads to increased energy consumption and therefore generating more heat. When we consume more energy we require more current to keep the processor fed under these new conditions. How much power transistors go through processor generate more heat and therefore these dissipation need more capacity. Within this combination of factors: speed, power and energy to dissipate, we must find the balance so that our processor to run everything within our power dissipation and within our needs. In all my experience doing all sorts of overclocking processor I have never seen a single micro damaged by the process itself but if things alien to it as ill-mounted sinks, water leaks in the cooling system, poor insulation plate processor or system cooling below zero .... in these cases was not overclocking who damage the processor and other components, was undoubtedly the poor handling of them.