Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009

What is Hyper threading

Hi
I want to know about the Hyper threading. What it is ? is it safe to do hyper threding.? Can you help me to do that??
Old 06-10-2009

What is Hyper threding

Hyper-Threading technology means single CPU to act like multiple CPU's. I saw one of these components might be busy, while the other components are waiting to be utilized. hyper-threading enabled processor is treated by the operating system as two processors instead of one. This means that only one processor is physically present but the operating system sees two virtual processors, and shares the workload between them. It is dangerous becoz, it can harm you'r system.
Old 06-10-2009

re: What is Hyper threading

Hyper-Threading is a technology used by Intel.It means single microprocessor to act like two separate processors.To the operating system, the Hyper-Threading microprocessor appears to be two separate processors. In Hyper threding operating system simply acts as though the Hyper-Threading processor is a pool of two processors.Intel notes that existing code will run correctly on a processor with Hyper-Threading but "some relatively simple code modifications are recommended to get the optimum benefit."

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , ,