Thread: How to control Fan speed of ATI Card

How to control Fan speed of ATI Card

Hi,
    I have a ATI GPU in my Windows Vista machine. Now I had overclocked my processor to play a game. After that when I check the temperature of my graphic card then it goes to 100. This does not seems to be normal. And on idle it is showing 60-70 Degree Celsius. I think the fan is not running on optimum speed to remove the heat out. Due to which my processor is heating up. Is there anyway by which I can control the fan of ATI card. By setting the fan speed manually, the heating can be controlled. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to control speed of FAN in ATI Card

Yes it is possible that the fan is not running on maximum speed which lets the GPU to get overheated. So here you have to take care that this can burn you GPU if not stopped at once. Download and try RivaTuner. It is a overclocking tool that can be used to increase your FAN speed manually. There are most applications but this one is recommended. You can just click on the GPU section and manually move the bar to needed speed. It is compatible with various hardware and easy to use.

To perform this the best application is nVidia nTune. It is a freeware tool which is easy and safer than others. It is fully dedicated performance optimization and monitoring tool. The tool shows you the current system temperature, voltage and equipped with a user friendly control panel that helps you overclock or underclock yoru gpu, cpu and the fan. It is recommended that you must download and use the latest version which is compatible with your BIOS.

Try to change the slot of graphic card. Check that your powersupply is more than 440w. If it is not then your GPU is not receiving enough amount of energy upgrade your PSU at once. There is a free ware application called ATI Tool. It is used to manually configure the ATI cards setting. Here 60-70 is high temperature which is not acceptable under idle condition. In my case I had replace the Fan instead of overclocking it.