Thread: How to set a LDT Frequency

How to set a LDT Frequency

Hi,
    I currently have a Gigabyte mobo. I had here moved the LDT frequency multiplier from 4.0 to 5.0. Then I saved the settings and exit Bios. Now here I had observed that the performance of my system has increased. But after some days I am facing a system crash issue. While playing a game suddenly my entire system restarted. This is now happening occasionally. I do not understand the reason behind this. Does this is due to the LDT thing. Anyhow I had set the BIOS to default settings but still sometime the same problem comes up. Does anyone know the correct frequency of LDT to BIOS. I think I had set the wrong frequency which is causing the issue. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to set a LDT Frequency

LDT is the new name for HTT which stands for HyperTransport. I will prefer 16 bit settings to the upstream LDT Bus and downstream bus width. The option should be set to control the up and down bandwidth of the HyperTransport channel. The function of LDT Bus is to control the data rate of HyperTransport link. This is done by using multiplies which are based on a 200 Mhz CPU FSB default settings. The maximum speed recommended here is 1000Mhz by using the 5x multiplier. So if the setting is not proper then you can face system crash or not working mobo.

You can say in simple words that LDT is like a CPU multiplier. But this one eats up the total HyperTransport Bus Frequency. The most common HTT speed for maximum motherboard is 1000. Lets take a example, your HTT is set to 200 so here you will to set teh LDT to 5x (200 for HTT) then your HTT frequency is 5 LDT = 1000 HTT. If your trying to set that to 250 HTT then your LDT needs 4x settings and if 300 HTT then reduce the LDT to 3x.

LDT is formally called as Point-to-Point bust. It uses 2, 4, 8, 16 or 32 bits in all the directions. The rate of data is 800Ms/per 8 bit pair along with a 400Mhz clock. The approximate bandwidth in both the direction is consumed 1.6Gbs for 8 bit pairs. If you are using a 16 bi-directional pairs then you can get a data rate up to 3.2Gbps. According to me that you must keep the ldt speed at 1000Mhz of less.
    What is and what use is LDT