Thread: Should I overclock it or Not

Should I overclock it or Not

Hello Freinds, i am newbie to Overclocking ,and want to explore it , i have a core2quad 3.0 and Asus 95qc Motherboard , i would like to overclock it , but first want to understand the risk of overclocking , so what do you suggest should i overclock it or not , please give your opinion about this thing ,

thanks in advance for your replies

Re: Should I overclock it or Not

A poorly done overclocking may damage the operation of equipment more or less severe, ranging from a simple overheating of overclocked component (it loses in stability) to the destruction of one or more of it items. The manufacturers always configure their computers at lower frequencies than the frequency limits (in order to leave a safety margin too many warranty returns), which allows room for overclocking.

The overclocking does not affect the stability of the processor if it remains within tolerable by the frequency components. It is often necessary to slightly modify the operating voltages for the processor to help "hold" the new speed without instability.

The main risks involved in overclocking are instability and possible loss of data, these risks can be eliminated through a comprehensive testing to check how often the highest stable. It is quite obvious that we increase the likelihood of system failure in overclocking the CPU, After completing the process of overclocking, you should test the system at great length. If the system passes all tests, then you have overclocked it succesfully

The overclocking of a CPU can reduce it life, but when we now know that configuration is obsolete and is5 years ... The devices can also bear the harm in change of bus speed. Some discs for example, support the wrong bus at 75 or 83 Mhz. But the risk of "grilling" a component is minimal.