Thread: Thermal shutdown in Dell Laptop

Thermal shutdown in Dell Laptop

I have a dell laptop. the problem is that it heats up a lot and sometimes thermal-shutdown occurs abnormally and frequently. when i play any game in my comouter , my pc shutdown abnormally , initially i was not having this problem , as i used to play game for more that 4-5 hours , but now cooling does not seem to be working properly , please help me thanks in advance

Re: Thermal shutdown in Dell Laptop

cooling the processor of your computer is done using a rotating fan and ventilation using a warm radiator which is itself in direct contact with the processor (only thermal paste is between them). so make sure you have applied the thermal paste properly

You can also install SpeedFan on your computer (Windows only) this software that allows to monitor the temperature of CPU, motherboard and hard-drives on your computer , also Check that the air vent/grills and make sure they are clear of dust. if you do not know how to get into it or are not sure of your abillity to do so just give a good blow through to clear them.

remember to Clear the dust present inside the computer frequently (taking care not to damage the components). it can be that the thermal sensor can only measure the temperature at one place (normally the internal heatsink) so, if your application is causing bits other than the heatsink to get hot, the thermal sensor may not sense overheating and cause safe shutdown.