Thread: GTX 260 very HOT

idea GTX 260 very HOT

I have a really big problem . for few days my GTX260 is turning HOT really HOT, i am playing few games like prototype, Cs:source, ashes 2009 more after few hours it really get hot my an speed set at 70% after hour it go over 72 degrees and crash i have tried setting it more but no still there were crash .
    Please help .

Re: GTX 260 very HOT

Try to uninstall your Nvidia drivers properly !You need to uninstall the drivers, then run Driver Cleaner Pro in Safe Mode . Then you can install the Nvidia drivers.

Or there will be problem of some other component like ram, hd etc just test them . my friend have a GTX260 also and his hits around 70C on warmer days but never had any crashes.

There are many talks on GTX 260 getting hot . have you overclock your video card . but it Sounds like your cpu overheating . First just clean your PC . it could be the dust as well . or it could be your CPU heatsink is the problem . just check your mother board temp also that could be the one .

Install in your case 2 fans. one in front of the case to blow in the case, and one at the rear to blow out of the case. this will make better air flow in the case so you will have a lower temp of everything inside case for at least 5 degrees. All new cards have a temp issue all work at 70 degrees aproximatly, and I heared that some manage to gain more than 80 degrees and still work fine. install fan's and see if that helped. This helped me to reduce my CPU temp untill I got the Apropriate cooler for CPU. makes noise but temperature was beter than in opened case. If you OC your card then reduce it so because not all chips are great for OC. some are make better and they could gain higher frequency, but some of them are make worse and they could only work on original frequency. Hope this will help

Your are telling me to buy more fan for my pc . can you suggest me ? And is this the problem of my video card !

your video card probably don't have a problem, your video card has active cooling, video cards that have the most problems are those with pasive cooling, GTX cards are high end cards and they have a good cooling, and it's normal to get very hot as you said you play for one hour and then crashes, something is getting overheated and the main cause of this is low airflow inside your case, if it has running ok before this, it is ovearheating, so you could even try to clean the coolers, best to use is a compressed air, it will leave dust only in your mind, and the fans would make your comp cooler so get them. If your case has a 12cm openings for fans then buy them (better airflow, less noise). hope I helped

PS. there are 3 things getting heated inside your case, 1 is the CPU, the 2 is your graphic card, and the 3 is your chipset, if it is NVIDA chipset they get extremly hot, without fans in my case it get higher temp then a CPU. so good luck.