Thread: How to unlock 4th core on AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE ?

How to unlock 4th core on AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE ?

My query is same as written in the title, i want to unlock the 4th core in my Phenom II X3 720 BE , i heard that something has to be done in BIOS for this, so whatis the exactly procedure for this?

Re: How to unlock 4th core on AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE ?

Your system should satisfy the condition that the motherboard bios (AMD 790GX + SB750) should include the function advanced clock calibration in the auto regim . It is not necessary to think that all processors could unlock the fourth core. Some processors reject to activate it, others after this transformation cannot work stably.

Hmmm , Im not sure that you can achive it on every mobo you want, it takes the special BIOS , there is board from BIOSTAR which allows this, and 790Gx mobo from gigabyte most of them unlocked with this motherboard. If you would have a Phenom II 920, then i'm sure all 4 cores works perfectly on that.

Is that the latest BIOS? The latest BIOS won't allow you to enable ACC. with all coming latest BIOS updates AMD is planning to stop unlocking of cores. If you will try system will freeze.

idea Re: How to unlock 4th core on AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMkBJEBHu5A

Check out this video you will get an idea

But i warn you not all 720 BE is successfully unlocked

so only the AMD turn them in x3 multicore processor and sell them
    ASUS M4A78EM/1394| AMD 720 X3| ADATA 2GB| PSU 450WATT| WIN XP| ASUS 3D* LED 23"| HDD 160GB + 320GB

My new mobo's (Gibabyte GA-MA770T-UD3 v1.5) bios has an option to auto ΑCC. Does this mean that its the right bios?

I set "hybrid" and "auto" but no result, I have blue screen and restart... This means that its not possible for the 4th core to be unlocked?
    Or maybe I could try sometyhing else?

Quote Originally Posted by nost View Post
    My new mobo's (Gibabyte GA-MA770T-UD3 v1.5) bios has an option to auto ΑCC. Does this mean that its the right bios?

I set "hybrid" and "auto" but no result, I have blue screen and restart... This means that its not possible for the 4th core to be unlocked?
    Or maybe I could try sometyhing else?
    I think that the latest BIOS version for your board is v1.5 only and if you want to unlock the 4th core of PhenomII x3 720 then you already have the option to unlock CPU Cores in the BIOS. It was recommended that you should enhance heat dissipation for the CPU VRM area if you want to enable this function.
    • Disabled -- Disables this function. (Default)
    • Auto -- Lets the BIOS to configure the settings to defaults.
    • All Cores -- Configures Advanced Clock Calibration for all CPU cores.
    • Per Core -- Individually configures Advanced Clock Calibration for each CPU core.

Its not necessary to copy-paste the theory I already know. These 4 option exist already in my bios.

The latest and only bios, as u can see in Gibabyte's site, is F8.
    The v1.5 u r tallking about, I guess is the revision 1.5... My model is this revision.

So, I repeat-->

1) My mobo's bios has an option to auto ΑCC. Does this mean that its the right bios for the job?

2) I set "hybrid" and "auto" but no result, I have blue screen and restart... This means that its not possible for the 4th core to be unlocked?
    Or maybe I could try something else?