Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to overclock my ASUS EN9500GT 1GB HDMI (Nvidia geforce 9500 gt) graphic card. (HAVING PROBLEMS W/ IT)

Trying to overclock my ASUS EN9500GT 1GB HDMI (Nvidia geforce 9500 gt) graphic card. (HAVING PROBLEMS W/ IT)

Hi,

I`m all new when it comes to do computer stuff, especially overclocking like a cpu or a gpu.

I tried to overclock my graphic card yesterday. I followed some tutorials on youtube about how to do so and i did it. My gpu was working fine before but now every time i use Maya 8.5, or anything that uses a large amount of memory, the screen either keeps flashing a black screen or all the colours in the screen go really weird...like pixelated. And even get the vista version of the "Blue Screen of Death".

I did the overclocking using Rivatuner.

Any solutions please? i removed the overclocking and its still messing up

thanks.

Re: Trying to overclock my ASUS EN9500GT 1GB HDMI (Nvidia geforce 9500 gt) graphic card. (HAVING PROBLEMS W/ IT)

I partially understood your problem... There are many several problem related to the Blue screen Death but can't understand what might be the problem so i will ask you to post the Stop Error what you are getting on that blue screen.... So to get your answer fast for it.... And make your computer work again... You need to post the Stop Error Code you getting on the screen...!

Re: Trying to overclock my ASUS EN9500GT 1GB HDMI (Nvidia geforce 9500 gt) graphic card. (HAVING PROBLEMS W/ IT)

Hi, I did some overclocking on my "Gigabyte 9500GT 1GB Overclocked" last night with very good results. I ofcourse used gigabytes own clock tool "Gamers Hud" and it worked like a charm. That said, would think rivatuner would wield the same results.
    Here is my clock speeds:

(Gamers Hud (Gigabyte INC Overclock Tool) Download: http://www.gigabyte.com.lv/download/vga/utility/20995/)

Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB Overclocked.

Works:

GPU 715MHZ
    SHADER 1740MHZ
    MEM 460

GPU: 725
    SHADER: 1740
    MEM: 460

Borderline:

MEM: 465
    (This one half crashed COD MW2 after about 20minutes of gaming,
    no big deal, the screen flickers for about 2 secs then all's back to good)

Test Machine SysInfo:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/21/2010, 16:36:35
    Machine name: SKY
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Language: Norwegian (Bokmål) (Regional Setting: Norwegian (Bokmål))
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: GA-MA78G-DS3H
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
    Page File: 2592MB used, 13786MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    --------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4077 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
    Shared Memory: 3071 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: L22W-7SD
    Monitor Id: FUS0746
    Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Current Clock Speed:
    MEM: 465
    ---------------

Hope this helps someone.. I googled for hours but didnt find anyone who had posted their GF9500GT overclock speeds..

I've downloaded the tool you used, but it gave me this error message after restarting my pc to complete the installation

My PC:
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate [64 Bit]
    Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P
    CPU AMD2+ Phenom™ II X4 940 4x3,0GHZ
    CPU Fan FREEZER 64 PRO PWM
    RAM DDR2 4GB 800 GEIL TKIT CL4 Ultra
    Power Suply ATX/P4/PFC LC420H
    VideoCard Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 1024MB

Any ideas why or what other overclock program I could use to help this 9500 out of its grave?

Hello there, I guess that this is an incompatibility issue that the VGA card is having with the Windows 7 operating system. You must download the one that is compatible with this Windows 7 operating system. I hope that your problem will be solved.

hmm couldn't find it, so now im using Rivatuner

I overclocked to:

CORE: 700
    SHADER: 1700
    MEM: 470

WEI Graphics went up by 0.3 xD (from 3.9 to 4.2 )

the temp is 34C when idle and 36C when playing MW2 for 2 minutes (without lag :O but the flashes sounded weird, like cracking noises.. well whatever), it crashed after that :p screen started flickering, pc didnt respond anymore so I just hit the switch

my card has got a passiv cooling thing mounted and I put a spare CPU fan next to it to give it some extra cooling.
    and btw I have 2 19" monitors connected, in case that matters.

well, any ideas for a stable overclock? :p

I'd guess keeping the MEM on 460, right?

Changed the settings to

CORE: 650
    SHADER: 1600
    MEM: 450

and its all working
    played mw2 for an hour without noticing anything weird

temp goes up to 44 when gaming

freeze + coloured dots + pink dots on the screen after 2 hours gaming

with
    CORE: 700
    SHADER: 1700
    MEMORY: 450

ideas plz?

I know its like 6 months later but i just started OCing my EVGA 9500GT 1GB DDR2. I have been slowly going higher and higher and im currently at this clock and tested stable, i played GTA 4 for hours and everything is stable and temps top out at 50C. Here my MAX settings (So far)

Core Clock - 645
    Shader Clock - 1612
    Memory Clock- 495
    Fan Maxed

Again this is stable, But yeah im interested to know what you were able to clock since your last post. Ill keep updating my clock speeds. So far I am very impressed with this card. Playing GTA 4 at med settings just fine at 1280 X 720 res. I could do way better but i got a shitty CPU.

hey
    I'm using these settings all the time
    Core Clock - 600
    Shader Clock - 1650
    Memory Clock - 410
    no fan (yea it just has a big ass cooler on it :p but i put a spare cpu fan next to it Temp goes up to 55C max)

I'm using these "low" settings because I've used way higher settings but i kept getting BSOD's and stuff...
    looks like you can turn your shader clock even higher ^^

highest i got (semi-stable)
    Core 645
    Shader 1690
    Mem 430 (how the ? did you get it up that high? i can remember that i got problems right away after changing this to 435 or higher)

I'm going to try your settings now
    btw i use Modern warfare 2 to test if its stable or not.

EDIT: woa seriously you got your memory clock up to 495? im scared to put it that high xD but whatever ill just try it.
    what program do you use to OC btw? i use MSi Afterburner.

EDIT2: Okay i just used your settings and my screen immediatly started to freeze and i got weird pink and blue lightning kinda things on my screen, couldnt do anything else than switch the power off... ill just keep my safe settings
    Last edited by Nilsb7; 05-09-2010 at 06:29 PM.

OHHHH MMAAANNNN.
    So i just powered my comp on and i have some bad news. Froze up instantly, Had to set my CPU clock to factory. Then i opened GTA 4 and it was unplayable. Had to Turn down my GPU clocks. Is it possible since i went up real slow b4 and my comp was warmed up that i got my clock speeds that high? I had my comp on all day yesterday with my CPU OC'ed and i got my GPU to...

CC - 650
    SC - 1625
    MC - 500

I promise you it was clocked at these, I am using EVGA Precision BTW. I know for a fact they were Clocked there and didnt get set back or something. CPU-Z showed my new clock speeds b4 and after every test run with GTA. Im gonna leave my comp on for a while and try to get my clocks up again and then ill never turn my comp off again, sigh. How long you think i can leave my comp on without any problems, think ill see a diff in my energy bill?

oh and as far as the mem clock.
    I set it to 450 after my crash and burn and it run fine.
    Here are my safe settings.

cc-600
    sc-1500
    mc-450

does your program allow you to link your CC with SC, mine does, they should be linked for stability. your is a tad bit higher than your other clocks can handle, i could be wrong. Oh yah and i have 2 extra fans blowing air into my comp. had to drill holes on the side of my tower but w/e. One pointed at my GPU and the other on my CPU.

Don't think warming up helps, i had a problem with an older card, i could use it for 5 minutes till it froze and then i had to wait for it to cool down... (something was wrong with the fan)
    no idea how what you described could have happened

I doubt that you'll see a difference on your energy bill between OC'ed and not OC'ed.

Oh for the energy bill i meant having my comp on all day everyday. as aposed to turning it off when i go to bed. Ill turn my clocks up slowly again, and ill show my results for proof. IT IS possible. I think i just gotta go real slow again. I would raise my clocks by 5 everytime and then play gta for a lil, then raise them again. Took me forever but i swear i did it.

I think OCing from a cold start has everything to do with it, Now i just clocked my CPU higher to what it was and its running fine. No lock ups. Try what i did. Start from
    and go up by 5 or maybe 10, play a game, test it, then go up by 5 or 10 again. it worked for me.

yea the program does have that option but i heard or read somewhere that you should push all setting to the limit with the two linked speeds and then try to max those two speed seperatly. could be wrong :p

oh yah your right.

Ill have a video up shortly on my clocks. as soon as i get them up to what they were. Plz try what i said. Let me know how it runs for you. GL.

okay. ill try it out in about half an hour, still a little busy right now ^^

k i decided to do it more professional.
    I downloaded Furmark

it uses 98% of the GPU, Modern Warfare 2 used between 50 and 90
    I'm going to let it run for about 15 minutes and then increase some settings

I'm now at
    Core 630 -linked
    Shader 1546 -linked
    Mem 450 <-- it works
    will tell you the max results when im done

btw the GPU is at 60C now

Ok so i re did everything i did yesterday and i got my max again.

Core Clock 650
    Shader Clock 1625
    Memory Clock 500

I am uploading my video now. Ill post it in a few.
    1st video so no hater talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast