Thread: Doubt on overclocking report

Doubt on overclocking report

My motherboard supports max. 800Mhz ram speed (as per the manual) and I also have ram that is of speed of 800Mhz. But I have doubts over the overclocking reports that my motherboard cannot be controlled for the dividers FSB/DRAM and for better overclock I want to put the ram with more then 900Mhz that can sync with the FSB. So what I want to know is can I put memory with higher frequency in the motherboard that is less supported?

Re: Doubt on overclocking report

It is usually quite easy to find out which ram modules will work in your motherboard for sure if you don't get ones that are faster than the motherboard will support, but if you do get faster ones, there is no information available about whether they will work in your motherboard for sure.

You can try some settings with the FSB and check the frequency of the memories. Carry out the stability test for each climb of frequency and test it for around 15-20 mins to check if they hold or not. If it gets blue screen or frequent reboots and it indicates that you have a voltage reboot. Now increase the voltage and do the duration stability test to see if the overclock is stable. This way, you will come to know the limit of your memories that can be supported by your motherboard.

Thanks for the replies. I will like to tell you that earlier I had tried with the ram of 900Mhz (225*4 = 900) but the check in Bios and the reports both showed them running only at 800 again.