Thread: Phenom II 940 Running hot

Phenom II 940 Running hot

Hello , I Have a Amd Pc With Phenom II 940 processor , When I check the temperature in the using the everest Software I get somewhere Around 35-38 idle temperatures and around 54 C , i Think This temperatures are a Bit High Can you tell me what Should be idle Temperatures and How Can i Lower my Current temperatures Thanks in Advance For Your replies

Re: Phenom II 940 Running hot

Remove the 3-pin mobo connector and wire the fan to a 4-pin molex connector, plug it into a free molex connector from the PSU, this will then run the fan at max speed all the time...!! But you will lose the option of variable fan speed... so the fan will be louder..!! You might want to consider buying an aftermarket cooler to replace the stock HSF as well..!!

So either your bios is running a bad temp sensor, or the cpu needs lapped. I'd recommend SpeedFan for recording/watching temps as well. You shouldn't trust software monitoring utilities. The diode calibration differs from CPU to CPU. The most accurate method is to take a physical measurement, or a BIOS reading. The problem with the latter is that by the time you get into BIOS the chip temps fall off load, so the reading drops. However it can be used to calibrate your readings in Windows - as a guideline only.

Hello , Run with the case open, if that helps it's an air flow problem. If that doesn't help, try to reset the heatsink and thermal compound. Plus the usual clean all the dust bunnies out of the case