Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

PC too noisy. Excessive CPU use?

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 03-04-2009

PC too noisy. Excessive CPU use?

I just formatted my computer and all I have installed is a bit of drivers and msn. But about every two minutes the CPU starts to go completely berserk, and it sounds most of all as a jet aircraft has to start, a very noisy! This is something I've put up with in some time now I thought it would be time to ask.

Has anyone had an idea of what might be wrong? Tell if i need some pictures of anything, so I post them up.

Thank you in advance!

Old 03-04-2009

Re: Excessive CPU use

Have a buddy who suffered the same problem. Have another member who has a Vega, he also had the same problem that we tried to separate the parts to clean the cooling ribs, etc. It did not help, so we raised the profile and found out that there were 0.5 meters cooling paste between the heat sink and cpu, we put a thin layer and the temperature dropped 20-30 degrees and the noise never came again
Old 03-04-2009

Re: Excessive CPU use

It is a known bug with the window 95 OSR2a and your Gateway Solo 2550 Laptop. Viewed OSR2a asset due to a power feature is not the correct BIOS.

Refresh therefore OSR2B which has a workaround which gr is the better overholder APM standard.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , ,