Thread: I want to start Overclock

I want to start Overclock

Hello, I started to Overclock my computer. I have always been afraid to start, but when one of my friends did it on his new PC a while ago, I think it probably is not as dangerous as I normally think. I do not know so much about it, so I would like to have a little help (what cooler for me to buy and which pages I can use, etc.)

My cpu:
    Intel Pentium Dual cpu E2180@2.00GHz
    Just tell me if need more info on my PC (totally new to this area so have no idea what you want to know)

Re: I want to start Overclock

With your knowledge help you from Overclocking your PC. It is not dangerous if you know what you are doing, it is not quite what you are doing end up like the burnt components. Not all cpu etc. suited to say just good to Overclock, the ignorant, it is often cheaper to buy a bigger CPU eventually.

Re: I want to start Overclock

Or read good things before you begin.
    In the beginning Do not go for the extreme overclock. Go for a bit.

Only with the right hardware you can get quite extreme overclock, no hardware is locked when others are not locked.

But try searching on Google for overclock. Also read a bit around what others have tried, you find also some guide in this forum, it is advantageous to be able to read and understand that.

The motherboard I have supports overclock so it's just choosing the options are. In general I do not overclock my PC since the vast majority of times it becomes unstable and do not bother me it's a PC that crashes on it only 1 x per week.