Thread: Unable to overclock Intel e5200 motherboard

Unable to overclock Intel e5200 motherboard

I am in the market for a new CPU/MOBO combo...basically best bang for the buck. After doing some extensive research I came to the choice of getting an Intel e5200 paired with a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L BUT after realizing that the EP DS3L does not support PCIe 2.0 I have now chosen to go with the EP43-DS3L. Will I still be able to overclock the e5200 with the motherboard?

RAM - Corsair 4GB PC2-6400 / 800MHz CL5 DDR2 SDRAM (dual ch)
    Video - eVGA 9800gtx+ (recent purchase for new mobo)
    PSU - Corsair vx550w
    Current CPU - Intel PentiumD 2.8Ghz
    Mobo - Intel D945PSN (no PCIe 2.0)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Unable to overclock Intel e5200 motherboard

Keep the ratio at 1:1. What speed RAM do you have? If it's DDR2-800, change your settings to take full advantage of it. Instead of clocking the CPU at 12.5 x 280MHz & underclocking the RAM to match, try reclocking the CPU to 8.5 x 400MHz. You'll lose 100MHz on the overall clock speed but the 400MHz 1:1 ratio will more than make up for it.

Thanks for your response,

But i am also facing a new problem here and the problem is related to "ntoskrnl not found" type error what is it? and because of this any kind of problem could occur?

Please solve this first.
    Thanks

When you get an "ntoskrnl not found" type error, that usually means corruption of some sort and the data was not written to your hard drive properly. Thus, when it boots up, lots of problems.

That means, to me, one of two things. Bad hardware or improper drivers. With bad hardware, it could be anything including a bad motherboard, RAM, hard drive, etc. With bad drivers, it's easy to check by changing the driver. Hardware is much tougher as you have plenty of components to check.

Do you have a spare IDE drive you can connect to the IDE connector and try again? Do you have another computer you can use to create a boot CD and boot to a rescue environment or even a live Linux CD? If you can boot to a CD and the PC runs fine (you can run memtest from the ultimate boot cd and not go into Windows at all), it should show your RAM, CPU, and motherboard are ok.

This can be a nightmare to figure out which component is at fault if it's bad hardware.

Seeing as your stalling on 3ghz now, increase the vcore a bit, seeing as ur still at stock.

Then as above, u can lower the multiplier to try to increase the fsb overall. I would however try to the find the max cpu overclock before hitting the max fsb wall.