Thread: Overclock Nvidia Geforce 7950 Gt

Overclock Nvidia Geforce 7950 Gt

Hi all,

I am facing some problem with Nvidia video card. I have recently got this nvidia geforce 7950gt video card. The problem is i am having some issues regarding overclocking this video card. As this card is knew i don't know how to proceed with the overclocking function of this video card. Also please help me in geeting the appropriate steps for overclocking this video card.

Re: Overclock Nvidia Geforce 7950 Gt

Follow this and it'll tell you how to enable coolbits. Not sure if value 3 will work for you. In some configurations you'll have to enter 1a - search the web for info on coolbits values - I didn't bother.

When enabled, you'll get an overclock menu in your driver. If using a recent driver, go to start - settings - control panel - nvidia control panel - 3d options - and you should have overclocking.

I'm sitting on a hp workstation with some silly onboard chip right now, so perhaps the names aren't 100% - but it can't really go too wrong

Edit : By the way - if only one slider (memory or core) is moved, the test button sometimes doesn't work. So move both sliders every time you want to test.

Alternatively take a look at firingsquads forums - I saw a thread on overclocking benchmarks where they mentioned serveral good tools for overclocking nvidia cards.

you won't know the limit of your card until you take it there yourself...just move the clock speeds up in small increments and test repeatedly for reliability.

If you keep pushing that card for prolonged periods of time, especially during high intensity gameplay, you're going to fry it. The new Series 7 GForce chips are running high as it is set from the factory. I'm not saying you can't OC it, but I believe that card is already running at 565 mhz. I do know what you mean about Oblivion, it totally sucks the juice from the card.

The GeForce 7950 GT based cards do overclock quite well we did give it ago ourselves. After all some free performance is always a great added value. First, we need to point out one major point of interest and that is the actual BIOS of the GeForce 7950 GT accelerator. The BIOS itself has two possible voltage levels which are 1.25V and 1.35V. Of course most cards are currently shipped and set at only 1.25V which limits the overclocking potential. Actually our reference NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT accelerator was set at 1.35V from default.

the NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT reference card does quite well on overclocking attempt. With the default voltage at 1.35V we could run it stable at 650/1600MHz which is quite an improvement from stock 550/1400MHz clock speeds. So if you really want to take it one step further, and do understand that this you do at your own risk and warranty, you backup the original BIOS and update the 3D voltage level from 1.25V to 1.35V and save the BIOS. I would strongly advice to use NiBiTor (NVIDIA BIOS Editor) software to do so. Then just flash your graphics card with this updated BIOS. Now your G71 core will be fed in 3D mode with 1.35V, leading to better overclocking results in the end.