Thread: Under/overclock Samsung NC10 Netbook

Under/overclock Samsung NC10 Netbook

I want to overclock my Samsung NC10 Netbook. For this I came into contact with the editor setfsb. The pll of my nc10 being the IDT CV179CNLG, setfsb the editor asks me to find the data sheet, someone could help me to find this data sheet?

Re: Under/overclock Samsung NC10 Netbook

You want to overclock a NETBOOK? Underclock, I can understand (I do) but overclock ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.d View Post
    You want to overclock a NETBOOK? Underclock, I can understand (I do) but overclock ...
    I suppose he want to play some high end games like GTA IV, etc.

Yes I want to play CSS and not GTA IV on my netbook.

If you want to play CSS and if you have enough money then buy a desktop computer rather than playing on a netbook which is not meant for this kind of use.

What is it with some people, quit trying to tell the bloke what to do. Maybe he doesn't have enough money to have a different device for everything he wants to do? Or maybe he just wants to be able to play CSS on the move and its nearly playable on his netbook so he wants a bit more speed to get it to playable. What does it matter if his netbook isn't meant for that purpose? Many desktop PC's aren't meant for certain games (a mid range system and a high end game for instance). But do people who ask about overclocking those systems get people arguing with them and telling them they shouldn't do it?

Sorry for the rant but it seems every time I come accross a netbook thread about overclocking its full of busy bodies arguing with the op about what they should and shouldn't do, its so arrogant. Is the netbook a protected species or something?
    Last edited by DonnieDio; 09-04-2009 at 09:42 PM.

I know notebooks can be overclocked in the same sense as a desktop PC. I think overclocking a notebook is not as much a problem. But then, if theres something wrong while carrying out this, or if the overclock create any serious errors/issues, then it is not so easy to recover from notebooks than in desktops. In such situations, not much R&D can be done on notebook hardware as one can do with desktops. And most people are not aware of foolproof overclocking, they try.. try.. and then succeed (and sometimes mess up seriously). I think this is the reason why overclocking notebooks is not usually advised on forums.