Thread: BIOS won't overclock

BIOS won't overclock

hi,
    I've been reading a bunch of guides about overclocking my computer's CPU. I understand that the main way to do this is to adjust the speed via the BIOS. i did hardware upgrade which included an ASUS M3A78 Pro Motherboard.CPU-Z has reported nothing but the standard speeds no matter what i set them to in the BIOS. My BIOS still shows that my speeds are where i left them at, but considering the bug that i'm getting, i'm not sure that means anything.Can I get a new BIOS or is there another way to do it?

Re: BIOS won't overclock

Not an expert but your FSB must be at 333 and when multiplied by 2 give 667. Your RAM is running probably at 1:1 (ratio). If your FSB is not 333, your ratio must be something else.

You may have to change setting to manual to see values in the BIOS. RAM speeding is I believe the maximum rated not what speed it will run. Your BIOS is controlling it.

hi,
    Do you have "Performance Enhance:" at "Standard" or "Turbo"? Turn it down to standard.

Try pulling the Audigy for a test, and see if things improve.With the Audigy in slot 4, the IRQ is shared between the Audigy,and the VIA Firewire chip on the motherboard. (The Audigy may in fact use two interrupt signals, as there are four pins on each PCI edge connector, and they all have to be supported by the motherboard. The Asus provided wiring table, AFAIK, only shows what happens to INTA#. For a card like the Audigy, it means you have to look at the assigned IRQ numbers in Windows, to figure out what hardware sharing is actually happening. Only the table in an Asus server motherboard manual, shows how all four interrupt signals are wired.