Thread: Problem when cold-starting computer

Problem when cold-starting computer

hi,
    i have AMD Phenom II 940be ,ASUS M4A79 Deluxe.ATI Sapphire HD 4870 512MB GDDR5,be quiet Straight Power 550W (E6).have all the parts are properly installed. I turn on the computer and nothing ... . That means almost nothing ... mainboard comes with power supply, CPU heatsink is warm, all the fans (CPU,graphics card) Go to hard disk as well. Graphics card with no signal, the typical 1x beep at the beginning of the boot process does not, there are no beeps from the motherboard, which would indicate any errors. Unfortunately, I see no halt in the boot process where the computer hangs (no picture). I do not know if the POST (Power On Self Test) will be properly implemented. Strangely runs at the beginning of the speed of the fan graphics card to attack high, and remains so (normally would be the speed at the beginning of the boot process once high turn back down immediately and go). And for the conclusion turns on the computer after about 10-15 minutes. Have the power supply and exchanged the motherboard (same model) ... same problem.

Re: Problem when cold-starting computer

It is also possible that your system is getting through it's POST before the drive have a chance to reach operating speed. (This is where WD messed up by making their drives report READY before they really ARE ready.) If you are bypassing the full memory test, try enabling it to delay the motherboard hammering the hard drives so quickly.

So the computer goes to the CPU heatsink is warm and everything else will jump in? I would make no such symptoms 10-15 minutes my computer start.Your MB has a VGA port, there times that you try to get a signal, so at least you can maybe see something?

Does it restart after a reset? Eg. from start button not a bios reset. Maybe a slight voltage increase will help.

it sounds like you have an issue that is being masked by the computer resetting it's Keep Alive Memory. I bet there is a vacuum leak or similar issue (fuel related) causing your problem. Zetec motors are notorious for PCV hose degredation and causing air leaks. I would start there first, it's the easiest and cheapest route if you find a problem.