Thread: Flash bios and overclock 9600M GT

Flash bios and overclock 9600M GT

hi,
    I have an acer 5930g with a nvidia 9600m gt DDR3 and are interested in flashing the bios of the video card in order to ottrenere performance. But I do not know where to start and there would be infinitely grateful if anyone of you enlighten me on what to do! also if someone has already done I want to know how the card goes after flashing the bios (I read somewhere that the fly but I want more reliable sources ...).
    Regarding the use nTune overclocking but I am not applying the changes .... better RivaTuner? on my previous laptop I was using ATI tray tools with my glorious,I want to know if it is also compatible with a nVidia.

Re: Flash bios and overclock 9600M GT

hi,

first off, download and install DOX's 180.70, secondly, download and install EVGA precision,rivatuner 2.20 and powermizer switch,third, go to rivatuner and do the following -> Power user, scroll down until u see RivaTuner\NVIDIA\Overclocking, expand on that and change the value of EnableLowPower3DControl to 1, EnablePerfLevelForcing to 1 and UseAlternateStartupDaemon to 1 and press apply/ok

now go to the main menu of rivatuner and where is says driver settings under that there should be a a box with the writing next to it that says customize, click it and click the very left picture that pops up (system settings), once in there go to force constant performance level and choose performance 3d, now click on apply/ok

my clocks:
    Core clock - 640mhz
    Shader clock - 1280mhz
    Memory clock - 570mhz

1) go on site select your card, and you download the new bios, try to look at the frequencies that make the other manufacturers ..... If you want you can download NIBITOR to change any parameter in the bios from flashing.

2) Download and unpack Nvflash

3) Created a Floppy Boot MS-DOS and nvflash.exe and bios from flashing.

4) Reboot, enter bios and set as primary boot the Floppy Drive.

5) Provided DOS saves, to be sure, the bios of the current tab video via this command: nvflash-b backup.rom (backup will be the name of the file created, the bios of the card).

6) Proceed with the flash via this command: nvflash-j -4 -5 -6 nomebios.rom
    (instead of nomebios write the correct name of the bios by flashing).

7) After the restart and flash the bios reset the PC as before.

hi,
    I have a XFX 8600GTS and I have a problem that I was not able to solve. In practice all of a sudden I appeared nvidia screen that told me that the frequencies had been reduced to poor nutrition. My XFX is set by default to 720mhx and has always gone well, but after this problem when you start the card is set to 540Mhx. I tried updated drivers, put it in another pc, changed power supply, changed the 4pin that feeds the card, but there's nothing to make it fit. I think it's broken maybe its the extra 4pin connector.