Thread: Zalman ZM-MFC2 or Zalman ZM-MFC1

Zalman ZM-MFC2 or Zalman ZM-MFC1

I have seen that there is another version of this rehobus. Can the mfc2 can turn off the fans? Truth is that the minimum speed at which operate the fans are 1000rpm?

Re: Zalman ZM-MFC2 or Zalman ZM-MFC1

MFC2 The controller takes somewhat special. It is a bit unpredictable and the minimum value you can achieve depends quite on the connection of the fan, but in general it can achieve the 1000 rpm.

Look at this information taken from spcr:
    Zalman reports the output range as 4V ~ 11V, but the current range appeared to be highly dependent on what fan was connected, and we observed everything from 3.23 ~ 12.29V during our tests. As a general rule, lower current (slower, smaller) fans were supplied with lower voltages than high current fans.

Zalman advertise as the adjustment range 60 ~ 5940 RPM, and they're not kidding about the low end of the scale. We had no problem Stalling any of the fans we tested, so some caution is advisable when Cranking down the fan speed. This is a strong point in favor of the ZM-MFC2, as most controllers do not permit reducing the speed to the point of Stalling. However, it is also somewhat dangerous, as it is quite easy to reduce fan speed to the point Overheating. Unlike many products on the market, the ZM-MFC2 has not been idiot-proofed!

Fan speeds are regulated based on the rotation speed reported by the fan, so 2-pin fans and other fans that do not provide a lead Tachometer can not be controlled. Some nonstandard fans that do not output two clock pulses per rotation may also work incorrectly.

Unfortunately, given that most fan Tachometers are unreliable below ~ 500 RPM, fan control below this level seemed to be equally unreliable. Below this level, the reported display 0 RPM fan control but continued to work down to the fan's stall point. However, the controller had difficulty clearly Figuring out what to output voltage in this situation, as the fan speed tended to wander slightly at very low speeds. This caused a Warbling effect that was more or less audible depending on the fan.

The beeps can not be removed, no? That when I switch to my 0 rpm a fan with blue LED to reduce the intensity of light (to avoid disturbing the sleep) that it never stops. It sometimes beeps .. and annoying enough.

I also have a Zalman ZM-MFC2 and wanted to ask you one thing, to see the numbers of the device you have to look completely straight, but because they do not see you that happens?

And another thing, the calculation of the consumption of W. The source is reliable? I just mark my 140W. I am surprised this figure is so low.

The beeps are disabled already. Press the small configuration and then the wheel pa in and really drawing the fan RPM is above the LOQ that turns off the EU that would speed controller.

I think so that I am wrong but you can try