Thread: Terrified CPU Heating Problem

Terrified CPU Heating Problem

hello guy's

I am in a big trouble. Few weeks back i faced cpu heating problem so i changed it's fan and appllied some cooling solution. but no effect as It stills keep heating and thus makes my computer reboot sayingCPU is heated terribly.

Please help me regarding this problem

Also Provide some suggestion regarding this

Re: Terrified CPU Heating Problem

If your idle temp is at 44c, then this is not bad at all. But 61c idle is a bit on the toasty side. Since it is your BIOS that is saying 61c I'd believe that one over the monitoring soft, but still, let's get one more opinion to be sure.

But regardless, if I were you I would probably get some good thermal paste (arctic silver is a good one) and reseat your CPU. That thermal pad that comes with the CPU/heatsink retail isn't bad, but it is only supposed to be used ONCE. If you remove the heatsink once, then I would assume the pad is toast, especially if you used it for a while before breaking the seal.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I had the same problem when I built my new system early this year. My temps were even higher than yours; during the summer when the ambient temp went above 30°C, my cpu (P4 3.4) went all the way up to 80°C and over!
    But my system was stable so I didn't really mind.

About the temp monitoring, from what i read online when i was researching the problem, I was told that the Bios monitor displays the temps slightly higher than they really are.
    And besides that, i have three different software monitors and they all give the lower temps. The Asus Ai Booster that came with the mobo, Speedfan that DonNagual already suggested and Everest Home (http://www.lavalys.com/products/down...?pid=1&lang=en) which also diagnoses lots of other system specs.

I agree with DonNaugal that u should start by getting Arctic Silver thermal paste.
    Which cpu cooler are u using? If u consider buying another one i can recommend the Zalman CNPS9500, not the cheapest but it cools very very well and improves the air flow through your case due to the horizontal mounting.

I recently rebuilt my system in a bigger case (CM Stacker) with a new -better cooling- PSU, 2 extra fans and the new Zalman cooler and my temps have dropped dramatically. At 20° ambient the full load temp doesn't exceed 35° and it idles at 20°.
    Of course these are a lot of changes at the same time which u probably are not willing to make. But if you still think your cpu is running too hot after applying Arctic Silver 5 and maybe installing a better cpu cooler, you might want to consider adding an extra exhaust fan in the top of your case. To get rid of the hot air that gets stuck at the top of the case.

I downloaded the SpeedFan program Don suggested and it read out 44oC for my CPU as well. I suppose that is probably the correct value. It still worries me a bit because the manual that came with the CPU says "in order for this product to operate within thermal specifications, an internal ambient temperature of 38oC or lower is required." I first assumed that it was talking about the CPU temp but I suppose at second glance it could mean my overall system temp (which is 31oC). Do you guys know which one it is? A friend of mine who built his last two systems says that keeping my CPU at or below 38oC is fairly unreasonable but I'd like to know what temp you guys are keeping it at (unless you have 30 fans and a watercooling system ; ).

So anyways, I'm just going to assume I'm running at 44-47 oC for the time being. It may be acceptable, but I think I'm going to go out and get some new thermal paste just to be safe. Also, could you guys recommend a good solvent to remove the old paste from the CPU and heatsink when I get it?

Such problems usually dont require any money to be solved (u might have to get another thermal pad)

So start playing a game today, after the processor shuts down, touch the heatsink and see, if it's not tooo hot and u can keep ur hand on it for few seconds without problems, there can be 2 reasons, wither ur motherboard is reading wrong temperatures or while installation the heatsink pad was damaged.
    So i'd suggest u spend 100 Rs. ang go to inel service centre and get a honeywell eatsink pad that they use on intel processors and apply it, please remove the previous compound properly.

All heatsink compounds are not same so dont use a cheap one, it can worsen the situation...