Thread: Overclock AMD Phenom X3 8450 processor

Overclock AMD Phenom X3 8450 processor

Hello friends!
    I have a good kn
    owledge of computing but to overclock I still am a little afraid to always consult with various views.

First, let the machine:

Processor Ghz@2.5 Phenom X3 8450 2.1 Ghz (239 FSB)
    MarkVision 800 Mhz Memory 8GB (4x2GB) in Dual-Channel @ 955 Mhz CL5
    VGA ATI Radeon HD 4850 Sapphire 512MB GDDR3 256Bits @ 680 / 1110
    Motherboard ECS A780GM-A
    Sansung HD 500GB Sata2 16MB Buffer
    Source sEvent 550PAM ST-550W Active PFC Real
    The objectives of my overclock is, first, enjoy the performance of the machine as a whole without prejudice in any way possible and reduce the bottleneck that my processor can do in my vga, which is also stable with overclocking.

My processor is at 2.5 GHz, without overvolt, just stirring the FSB, which went up from 200 to 239. I still can typically raise the FSB, but I do not know even where the damage overclock the processor, and that is where you would like to view.

Temperatures on my PC with Overclock@2.5:

Processor: Idle 36 º C (Full 48 º C)
    GPU: 46 C Idle
    HD: 32 º C Idle

This computer is used 24 / 7, so I would not do any extreme overclocking, but I would do the best we can. In another forum I was told that means that 'no limit' to overclock even more for being a Phenom, but I want a second opinion.

Also, my CPU is cooler box. I tried for a Cooler Evercool Buffalo and thermal paste. There is also installed in the cabinet 1 and 1 additional cooler exhaust.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Re: Overclocking Phenom 8450

Well, I think as the most doubt.

Limit of the processor is the processor "who does" and how we know that each processor has its particularity, it is difficult to tell if a CPU is really the limit or close it.

The peculiarity of each processor is different for each piece, therefore, the limit of a processor is also to each other, so who does the limit is the actual processor.

If you have room for over vcore to default, you should take all hidden MHz, because the possibility of a Phenom overclocking 25% without any increase in vcore and still leave room for more over it is a sign of a good processor for OC and you should take what they offer.
    As with standard vcore can overclock quiet only the power supply is going to feel the weight of the largest consumer of current (amperage) when the clock is higher.

Good luck.

Friend, thanks for the information.

I just want to raise a question when one talks about your:
    "Being with default vcore can overclock quiet." Is this true? Can I increase the FSB while the extent is not more vcore not be compromising the processor?

Moreover, I have another question. My motherboard (ECS A780GM-A) it has a limit of 95W, and my processor is 95W accurate. Doing a overclock the processor does not increase the watt" necessary for the processor and so the motherboard unable to meet this need, no vcore or without this problem? Thank you all!

Oops.

Yes, with VCORE pattern which you can take advantage of the processor is profit, which overclock processor with default vcore, i just get milk is left hidden.
    Of course the motherboard and other components must support the new frequency of work, why must overclock components to meet the need.
    The question is your motherboard over that will say what is the real limit it.
    The fact that the manufacturer mark as 95W is standard test for them, but as a processor has its particularity the motherboard has its therefore overclocking continue to find the limit. That they are over there is the risk is small.

Good luck.

Without overvolt has no major problems, then to remain here over the ... I will post from time to time to update the results for things and you go commenting ...

First, got my FSB from 239 to 248, or ... from 2.5 to 2.6 Ghz ... I, indeed, to being impressed with the overclock! Already 0.5 GHZ! E remains stable and rising!

I did the test with Everest for a few minutes and nothing stopped ...
    The temperatures remain almost equal.
    In IDLE, the processor is now 2 ° C above .
    .. (From 36 to 38), FULL LOAD and the temperature remained the same (48 C), which is great!

unsure Re: Overclock AMD Phenom X3 8450 processor

hey all ive been trying to find a way to overclock my aldi medion amd phenom
    x3 triple core 8450 processor and all ive found was that i could raise the
    fsb voltage. If this is true how would i do that.
    This is so frustrating , ive been searching for hours.
    So please someone respond.
    thanks

Re: Overclock AMD Phenom X3 8450 processor

In your Bios you have got an option called FSB, You can set the fsb In BIOS. try to ste it to 400 and lower the multiplier from 14x to 7x (= 2.8ghz).

Re: Overclock AMD Phenom X3 8450 processor

I rechecked and i have no setting for that.
    I opened all the options and checked but there
    is nothing.
    thanks for the reply though