Thread: Reboot problem with A8V 3500+ Overclock

Reboot problem with A8V 3500+ Overclock

I have a 3500+ overclocked at rev.2 Asus A8V.
    Ram is set down in the preliminary specs as I want to find max over clock. My system is almost as Running (XP120 cooler, etc.). My bios is 1.09 BETA2

I managed to get it at about 2570 (235 MHz FSB). Running prime95 etc. But when I restart the PC, it will not start after closure. The machine starts, but the lines are not just running. Sometimes vocal error saying the "cpu not found".

If I turn off and turn on the power supply it works perfectly again. While overclocking I have no problem, but I am almost down to the standard specs. Can I put some bios settings so it can clear the boot? Others had the same problem? Will I have problems with this?

Re: Reboot problem with A8V 3500+ Overclock

Is the CPU stable in prime95? Maybe your power supply is not strong enough. How heavy is it? Or try to give the CPU and motherboard higher power. It could also be that you have a tooth overclock it too much.

I have updated bios to 1009.003, but it did not help.

I have set memory timing to auto, and sometimes at 266 just to those any case does not fail.

I had it at 2570 MHz (235 MHz FSB) vcore = 1.55 (CPU-z shows from 1.55 to 1.6)
    Prime failed after 2 hours.
    Have not tried higher .. it will up the 1.6v to the more stable, but have not tested.

The only problem I have is when I reboot. Even if I eg. save bios settings and will reset. It is just and must be able to post .. one can almost hear a click from the monitor, but then no signal. Sometimes, says vocal reporting no cpu. It must be turned off by holding the button or from the PSU. Then it boots fine and runs perfectly stable.
    Very weird.
    Have also tried to boost a little more voltage, but does not help.
    My PSU is a 400 watt Chil-ovation so it should be no problem. Have no PCI cards in yet.

Max temp at 2570 with 1.55v was 48 degrees in the fully closed cabinet (lined) with Pabst cabinet fan. My cooler is a Xp120 devil with Arctic Silver 5 and 120 Chill-silent breeze blowing.

I wonder if the bios may have been some "Trix" could activate?

Because it works fine when I hard-boot. It just has 5 seconds to "cool down" before it can start again. But it is weird it is to "cool down" as the temp is at max 48 acc. motherboards, and it happens even if the CPU is only 35 degrees hot and reboot.

I just learned that the PCI / AGP lock is resulting in this. Once this is activated, it then freezes when I boot soft-boots .. very strange. Perhaps because of PC2700 ram.

I have also had problems, not with regard to reboot the PC, but only with the PC to boot up when it has not been lit for several hours (and this only happened sometimes). I've tried to put ram spending Auto (presumably equal to 2.5 volts) and followed your advice to disable locked PCI / AGP speed (my graphics card and hard drives do not seem to have problems with AGP 75 MHz and 37.7 MHz PCI, which is a very small over clock-up which should not cause problems). Alternatively, you can of course seek to reduce the CPU clock to none, however, the CPU seems to work fine, so it would surprise me if it creates problems.

I've been looking for a solution online, but none seemed to have my problem.

It is just strange that none of clock seemed to work smoothly (cpu very cool).

I can soft-boot fine with the default settings on the CPU. If I activate the manual puts cpu to exactly the same as the default setting and activate PCI / AGP lock so it will not soft boot.

It could almost be my ram not like locker. Has no PCI cards and my gfx is the standard Radeon 9700. Also tried with a GF2 with the same result .. it could also be the PSU, but many must have bought NorthQ's 400 watts chiller and nobody else has the problem.

I get 2 x ballistix 3200 ram in the cabinet. The way it is sad to hear regarding the closure of the site, but good luck with your studies any case. You can lean tlbage and know that you've helped so many people!