Thread: HP warranty over overheating

HP warranty over overheating

I have a laptop HP Pavilion dv6000 bought in March 2007, without warranty extention. Today, it works well but it OVERHEATING, so it is impossible to use more than 15min consecutive ...

HP asked me a lump sum of € 438.93 for repair since it is no longer guaranteed.

So I indicated that according to Directive 1999/44/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of 25 May 1999 on certain aspects of the sale of consumer goods, "The liability of the seller [...] is committed where the lack of conformity becomes apparent within two years from the issuance of the property. "

It is therefore, in accordance with the law, guaranteed 2 years. So I want to have it repaired under the warranty for consumer goods.

But HP says to me that the model of my computer does not meet a manufacturing defect in the case of overheating.

Someone forum he won through to the ordinance?

Thank you for your answers, and a thousand apologies if I have not posted in the right place

Re: HP warranty over overheating

If you respond to this Order, we can address this problem of temperature.
    Did you recently dusted off the PC? Car Dust may cause poor ventilation and thus a overheated components.

Then you say they can not use the PC more than 15 minutes. Can you tell us what happens when you meet the problem? Freeze the screen? Artifacts? ...

Could you possibly give us the temperature of various components of your PC?
    Everest Software can help you. You can download it HERE if you have not.
    Once installed, simply go to the topics Computer, then Sensor.

Thank you for your answer. I just turn on the computer and install Everest. So, 2 or 3 minutes after startup:

Temperatures:
    Processor 38 ° C (100 ° F)

I referral a test here 15 or 20 min to see what temperature it rises.

I say it is useless simply because it is too hot! the touchpad hurts fingers so it is hot, and the computer emits a heat unbearable, especially in this season 40 ° C outside.

It gets worse if I put a movie, or downloads, etc..

For dust I've never done ... we open the laptop?

Well, I just do a temperature test, but it is still 38 ° C while the computer is super hot here

This problem has occurred gradually over several months, I even installed the new version of Bios (F.3d) because it is supposed to regulate the PC algorithm. Result: The computer continues to be hot, and the fan runs continuously.

HP is known for enormous heat (making it a bad brand of laptop). A friend has a roughly similar to yours and the motherboard, screen, hd have been changed because of the temperature