Thread: Overclocking Q6600 on asus P5W DH Deluxe

Overclocking Q6600 on asus P5W DH Deluxe

Hello,
    I only just beginning to get into overclocking, I have already read the tutorials and I work, my purpose and my up my 3.2GHz processor. Q6600 B3
    motherboard bios 2206. For now, I follow up to 3.00GHz with these settings

• C1E Support: Disabled
    • Value Limit: deactivated
    • Technology: deactivated
    • I set my ratio to 9
    • frequency of 333Mhz FSB
    • 667Mhz memory frequency in 5.6.6.15
    • memory voltage 2Volt
    • CPU voltage to 1.37 volt

its going very well and the cpu does not heat much about speed fan temperature is correct, I am also Watercooling. My system becomes unstable at 3.2 Ghz 8 X 400 and memory to 800Mhz I mounted the cpu voltage to 1.45 which is already quite a lot should I climbed to 1.50V? where it becomes I think back, I turn on the PC screen but darkness.

I tried 9 X 360 volt to 1.37 volt and PC5700 memory timing 5 6 6 15 and I tried 5 5 5 15 . The pc boots arrived on the desk, but freeze after few minutes a blue screen and reboots I still had time to check the temperature with speedfan before the screen freezing the rest temperature correct the system is 40 degrees processor at 28 ° c

I dry a bit, if anyone can help me or advise me on the settings to make
    Thank you in advance for the help

P.S. I am using Windows vista
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do". - Voltaire

Re: Overclocking Q6600 on asus P5W DH Deluxe

Lets try coefficient of 9. Resets the values of vCore on auto, it is unnecessary to touch on the Core 2 duo in this frequency limit. And finally, run a single Channel RAM, in my opinion is the dual channel makes you crashes.
    Namely that the limit of the i975 chipset is in the area of 380/400 MHz, hence the importance of letting the CPU multiplier to 9 to not having to climb over the FSB. This is the vCore chipset should be increased perhaps to regain stability.

But first try without the dual channel, on these platforms, it is often the problem. In addition, Vista is a little less tolerant than XP for overclocking.

I tried what you told me yesterday with a single channel of ram , leaving the coeff of 9 and turn on the auto vCore I did not crash, I turn with a 1GB card in less on the 2GB and feels, so I wanted to try to put my nipples in single channel I need 2GB his works also, my processor at 3.2Ghz its stand

but the bars in single channel is not less why performance in dual channel is affected ?
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do". - Voltaire

slightly less efficient, but the memory controllers have made great progress in recent years and the difference in performance between single and dual are sometimes difficult to measure. Except that the dual architecture seeks many chispet (at Intel) and CPU (with AMD), and as for chips chipset and CPU, it is the same. What complicates things overclocks on strong, to the utility or to get in single channel, applying the least memory controller. The chipstet intel 975 is very sensitive to this phenomenon.