Thread: overclock graphics card in general!

overclock graphics card in general!

Here I ask a question, I am quite fond of me and overclock knows quite near the processor and motherboard ram! I also always try to overclock the graphic card because I like to have greater potential on a hardware if it can!

That is my question, about overclocks processor and RAM on the motherboard and graphics cards? in terms of timing and so on?

I do a small overclock yet on my CPU (c2d e8200) beginning with the AI of my motherboard asus to "see" I have made my 10% CPU is spent to 2.93 GHz (from 2.6) easy nice but increased the vCore automatically and completely spent my ram a 880 mhz (although I have a 800 MHz Dominator 4 4 4 12) I therefore repeat this overclock in manual and lowering the coefficient to 7.5 and the amount ratd fsb a 1600 coup with the reel to 400 fsb therefore synchronized with the ram to force without a 800 MHz processor with battery a3.00 ghz ! What I find more logical not? test 1 h without any problems and heats up 48 degrees ...

Taking the graphics card, I have one from 8800 GTS 640 MB model msi factory overclock to 575MHz core and 850 MHz memory (shader 1188) I overclock (just random gradually) has 651 core and 925 (1345 shader) for the memory ...

If any one can tell me if my overclock is intelligent (probably not) and we can start a best!

Thank you in advance!

Re: overclock graphics card in general!

on a graphics card is a bit different. The core and memory are completely independent (as opposed to the trial and the ram that are bound by the FSB)
    thus for the core and memory as you did overclock max you can

Hello and thank you for your answer!

Ok this is what I thought but I was not and I assume that apart from the problem of artifact or freeze if pushed too overclock the card, the first enemy of the graphic card is still oc overheating?

For the moment I am a 48 in idle and 58 max after 1 hour of crysis (what temperature maximum cruise you advise me?) So it seems to go since I changed my breakdown in my case, I 'I therefore feel that this map has great potential overclock!

Thank you in advance!

For the graphics card, you can climb to 70 ° C without worries. Some say even 100 ° C but it's starting to do much and the material suffers despite the Core Chart cash better than the processor.
    But he is sure that the higher the temperature is lower, the better.

So far your temperatures are well

I kept up a low frequency memory because nvidia driver on the square was still green I got a 950 and I think it went orange as the core was already

It is a warning that we must not take lightly these colors or Nvmonitor it mean anything?

In any case the new level proportion map overclock much better than before Still no artifact or bug I therefore continues slowly!