Thread: Overclock made game miserable

Overclock made game miserable

Hey geeks,
    Has just installed undercover and drove the rubbish, quite frankly, looked and looked online for patches etc, but could find nothing that stood as a solution. Someone suggested me that the overclock of the CPU will help. So I read some guides and did some overclock with the help of a friend. But after then the game became still worse.

So my question is how can overclock get a game to run miserably when we actually improve Mhz FSB and all that.

My cpu is a Core2Quad 2.4, which was clocked to 3.2!

Re: Overclock made game miserable

It is not the OC makes your CPU worse, but it can be played comfortably with a system running with overclock. The game get information about all components and then reacts to it by running poorly.

I have seen many games crash on overclocked PC's and it is not because they overload the ultimate things, but just because the code does not work optimally in any running overclocks.

But it could be that your overclock is not as stable as you think it is, might be a totally different thing.

It is probably just to implement the game without overclock and then throw it up at its normal speed again if you have to run overclock

Re: Overclock made game miserable

Otherwise you must have overclocked it above the limits and thats why the game performance become poor. For better game performace, you overclock your GPU instead.