Thread: Overclocking AMD Athlon 3000+ Processor

Overclocking AMD Athlon 3000+ Processor

I would like to know the risk of overclocking and the percentage of success and how to do and know how will also warmed my trial if I overclock.

thank you kindly informed me and help me in the future

config:

Processor: AMD Athlon 3000 +
    Motherboard: K8T Neo2-F V2.0
    Graphics card: GeForce 6600 GT 256MB (Palit)
    Ram: 2 X 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
    HDD: Maxtor 250 GB SATA 2
    Cd dvd player: LG
    Cd dvd burner: LG
    Power: 400 Watt (Classic)

Re: Overclocking AMD Athlon

The concern is that your RAM is the PC3200, so certified to 200MHz and your processor is already operating on a 200MHz FSB. I had the same processor and memory configuration before, but I never tried the experiment. As against a friend had managed to overclock the FSB to 250MHz with memory Corsair PC4000 on his own.

What is the current temperature of your processor once it is hot?
    The temperature of 19-21 ° does not seem to correspond to a temperature of CPU

Re: Overclocking AMD Athlon

You can overclock anything you want you do not risk anything, the processor and motherboard his team not to burn. Check constantly at each change the temperature of your processor and other components of your tour. If you feel that you too hot ca cut everything. AMD on the gains are not exceptional but you must be able to scrape a few Mz by increasing the frequency of the bus (and thus the RAM). But obviously ca requires a motherboard that allows it, and I do not know if it's your case ...

Normally, when you overclock, the PC does not boot, in this case you again and it goes back home by pressing a button or boot and the PC is that it works, the only problem is after a while it might crash because of the temperature too high. Be like me to start when you overclock your machine you put next to your window wide open, it's so cold in winter as it still pretty cool your components and you can better understand the problems of temperature. For your processor, it can not be 21 ° C, in my opinion, the probes are reversed or the program recognizes evil, for 21 ° C would rather the temperature inside your turn, and 45 ° C temperature of your CPU. Please note that when you overclock it does not exceed 80 ° C after ca risk of damage.

Finally if your RAM does not change the frequency it's not luck, but I ca never happened to me, my RAM is the current PC2700 (333Mhz) and 488Mhz runs, better than the PC3200 lol