Thread: ATI HD 4870 - Overclocking

ATI HD 4870 - Overclocking

hi,
    I try an hour ago just a "test" for overclocking my HD 4870. I have until now never overclock anything. Dalleur This is why I have to be handled, click on "Auto-Tune" in the Catalyst Control Center.
    Since then, as soon as I start a game, use one or the other card is at 99% and the temperature increases gradually.
    In view of this, I is not gone further. My PC is relatively new (not even a month), so if this just a technical problem.

For information, my pc is a: Medion Erazer MD X7305D
    Intel core i7 920
    ATI HD 4870-each with 512 MB
    DDR3-in 8GB
    -1T, western digital caviar green.

Is it a simple problem to resolve?

Thank you in advance.

Re: ATI HD 4870 - Overclocking

Hi,
    for the 99% utilization when the auto tune ends more you should have such worries (strange) but how you achieved in temperatures? because I'm already up to 100 ° when I was testing with the fan.
    Damage the equipment, do not worry not.
    PS: these series of maps heat many bases t'en therefore do not, even if against after restarting the PC you still have the concerns of 99% of use, it is strange for your good configuration.

hi,
    A PC brand with a foam i7 is really sad all of this.
    Try to get more help from here.

I have my cards uninstall, reinstall the drivers, the catalyst Control center And I look everywhere but it does nothing. However, the icon of the little protection key on overdrive came back like it was original.

As against, when I start a game(just the login screen of WoW), the card in addition to spending 99% of use and even levels rise, the cg is a strange noise .. One may as when a hard drive works, but more acute and more discreet anyway.

I plugged my screen on either card, and each time it has problems cited above.

For degrees, I watched a little all this:
    A vacuum is a 67 ° C
    On-screen loggin wow that is mounted to a 86 ° C, and again, because I quit the application. But I am confident that AC will continue to rise.

That's the information I can provide more. But I did not worry how to resolve this.

I have my cards uninstall, reinstall the drivers, the catalyst Control center And I look everywhere but it does nothing. However, the icon of the little protection key on overdrive came back like it was original.

As against, when I start a game(just the login screen of WoW), the card in addition to spending 99% of use and even levels rise, the cg is a strange noise .. One may as when a hard drive works, but more acute and more discreet anyway.

I plugged my screen on either card, and each time it has problems cited above.

For degrees, I watched a little all this:
    A vacuum is a 67 ° C
    On-screen loggin wow that is mounted to a 86 ° C, and again, because I quit the application. But I am confident that AC will continue to rise.

That's the information I can provide more. But I did not worry how to resolve this.
    So for temperature is the normal on these cards so you are good (if not increase the speed of the fan of the GC in the options ITA)
    If not for the noise you describe, I already have this problem when you have a diet that does not support the graphics card (Watts) it may be defective?