Thread: How to overclock RAM

How to overclock RAM

I ask your support for a small problem!
    I just installed the new RAM (OCZ Reaper PC6500 1006mhz 4gb) and when my PC was reset 2 times before you start.
    I noticed that the reset overclocking I had done: E6750 with 400x8, 1.30VCore ..
    When you reset the overclock the pc does not want to move at least know that I do not set the multiplier of RAM to at least 2.00, but in so doing the ram me sees 800MHz.
    What should I set for him to see these blessed ram to 5-5-5-18 to 533mhzx2 ?? +0.40 V to DDR2? I must also increase the V to FSB?

Thank you

Re: How to overclock RAM

Update: I increased the FSB and now I'm a 3.552ghz and timigs a 5-5-5-18@2.2V (2.2V I think it is because I gave +0.40 V) and a 2.4 many DDR2 PC boot!
    It seems everything you say ok? The temperatures are 22.5 ° idle with environmental ... are a clear liquid and the mother board is a Gigabyte P35 DQ6.I had screenshots of the same but it lost otherwise I would have displayed here.

Hope you understood.

Maybe it was simply a matter of under utilization. To control it, however, try to download . If the only program that allows me to see the RAM (do I see as "VIN1).

To test the stability of ram using memtest, or to test a short but effective 5 sessions Intel Burn Test, with a ram "maximum stress".

Right now I'm looking for the minimum possible clocking running a session of Intel Burn Test and then 0.02 by lowering the clocking (use EasyTune6, which allows you to modify all voltages from windows, and when you find the least save it from bios).

PS: You do not need to increase the vFSB, I think that up to 500 there should be no problem.

Maybe it was simply a matter of under utilization. To control it, however, try to download . If the only program that allows me to see the RAM (do I see as "VIN1).

To test the stability of ram using memtest, or to test a short but effective 5 sessions Intel Burn Test, with a ram "maximum stress".

Right now I'm looking for the minimum possible clocking running a session of Intel Burn Test and then 0.02 by lowering the clocking (use EasyTune6, which allows you to modify all voltages from windows, and when you find the least save it from bios).

PS: You do not need to increase the vFSB, I think that up to 500 there should be no problem.
    I did a half hour of memtest with 0 errors. It will do another tomorrow, followed by a beautiful stress ;-)
    I ask you one last thing before making the test mentioned above: I have now increased the FSB to 444mhz with 1.30V vCore of cpu. I'm a 3.552ghz.
    The rest, except VDIMM to +0.40, I left to default, and my question is: I have to touch other things, the type PCI-Express?
    Thanks again