Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

power switch problem of cpu

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 26-12-2008

sad power switch problem of cpu

My problem is that whenever I try to turn on my cpu by switching on the power switch of the cpu it does not respond.The power switch have to be pressed for quite some time to see the desired effect.But when I turn on the cpu again after having a computer session the problem doesnot come. I fear to have such a problem . pls help me......

Old 26-12-2008

Re: power switch problem of cpu

i was having the same problem and I changed the wire that was connecting to the power switch and problem got solved. Hope that helps.
Old 26-12-2008

smile Re: power switch problem of cpu

few minutes back i post a problem on cpu power switch. i got a reply from that it was due to the wire that connects the power switch.But i want to know whether it is the external power cable or internal one.pls reply
Old 26-12-2008

Quote:
few minutes back i post a problem on cpu power switch. i got a reply from that it was due to the wire that connects the power switch.But i want to know whether it is the external power cable or internal one.pls reply
obviously internal cables that connects to the CPU tower front button for booting up the pc.
Old 26-12-2008

ThumbsUp Re: power switch problem of cpu

you have done me a lot of good. pls tell me the approx price of the power cable that connects the cpu power switch . it will be a great help for me.
Old 27-12-2008

Over time, internal components and the cables that connect them can wiggle loose which can often times result in a computer unable to power on. Try reseating the following and then try to power on the computer again:
  • Reseat the internal cables

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: ,