Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Increase the performance of graphics cards?

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 24-12-2008

Increase the performance of graphics cards?

Well .. Yes, I have a 8800GTX with a C2D 3.0GHz processor, 4GB RAM (Vista 32bit) Just wonder if there is any way to improve performance on the graphics card or something, I mean it is quite difficult to play GTA IV on the lowest settings, and Crysis operates quite OK at the high, but i would like to squeeze a bit more .. I do not know how to do, has never really dare to, I just destroy things.

Grateful for answers and tips!

Old 24-12-2008

Re: Increase the performance of graphics cards?

GTA IV for PC, I have read that it is terribly bad optimized, so your graphics card performance, there is nothing wrong in that case. The reason is that Rockstar wanted to get the game to the PC before Christmas sales and then it will go as far as it goes.Heard that it should be corrected with the patch in a few weeks.
Old 24-12-2008

For GTA4 one should have at least a quad and a graphic card in the ATi 4870 or GTX280 class, with at least 1GB RAM on. The game is extremely demanding

The Greatest Sig Ever
Old 24-12-2008

it is not essential to overclock the graphic card. I may get eg Identical performance 800x600/Allt Low I get in 1680x1050 / Medium / High on a 512Mb HD4850. Rockstar claims that the game is very CPU bound, but then find that under / overclocking and the Vehicle Density of 0% or 100% should make a noticeable difference - it is not the case. My conclusion = piss poor optimization and bad excuse

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , ,