Thread: What is and what use is LDT

What is and what use is LDT

What is LDT? And what use is it?
    I read in some places, that the FSB multiplied by the value can not pass a thousand. In the case of Intel Core 2 Duo, the fsb of them would be 333 x 5 LDT would give much more than 1000 in case 1665. If I want to put them the fsb to 400 as of LDT should I use?

I am asking this question, as I did an overclock in my E6550 and it is unstable. If I am at 2.8ghz, I put the fsb at 400. It was to 1600. Did not move in voltages or anything. To feel strange because I have seen people reaching well beyond that with stability.

I noticed that the LDT pattern was 5x. I imagined the following ... 333 which is the standard of my fsb processor multiplied by 5 reaches a value of 1665. I did that, I put the LDT frequency in 4x and pushed the fsb to 400. Multiplying the fsb 400 per 4 of LDT one reaches a value of 1600. I only know what. Fighting the orthos for 24 hours and did not give any problem.

But I would still like to know what would be the LDT!

Re: What is and what use is LDT

Everything good that you already solved your problem.

From what I found on the Internet, the LDT is the same as the HyperTransport for AMD processors. The difference is that in AMD processors it is used for communication between the processor, the memory, and PCI bus / PCIEx. And the LDT is used for communication between the North Bridge, South Bridge and PCI bus / PCIEx.

So, the Frequency is the LDT rate (and therefore speed) which is such communication.

I know that the topic is more deep my question is as follows ...
    In A64 S939, the HTT was 1000. Today, the AM2, the HTT is 2000. Then .. the LDT of C2D would also not be 2000? and, in my case, 400 * 5 = 2000, since I have a C2D E4300 memories with DDR2 800 ?!?!?!?

As I said in my post above, the LDT has nothing to do with the processor. Despite the use of HyperTransport as a comparison, it works in a different way and at any time the LDT "communicate" directly with the processor.

As clarification, the E4300 is the FSB 400 and did 200, because the processor Intel (from the P4) work with 4 data per clock pulse (200 in the case of your E4300 or in the case of 266 processors with FSB declared in 1066 and 333 for 1333). Thus 200 * 5 = 1,000.

I hope I have helped.

Hmm .. had forgotten that little detail that is the QDDR.
    So the idea is that the LDT remains always in the range of 1000 to keep the system stable ... correct? Because that was the information I have received in relation to HTT given for AMD!

Far more could discover, is just that, it should be around 1000 to have stability. But in some people can test stability even surpassing the 1,200.

Quote Originally Posted by Omari View Post
    As I said in my post above, the LDT has nothing to do with the processor. Despite the use of HyperTransport as a comparison, it works in a different way and at any time the LDT "communicate" directly with the processor.

As clarification, the E4300 is the FSB 400 and did 200, because the processor Intel (from the P4) work with 4 data per clock pulse (200 in the case of your E4300 or in the case of 266 processors with FSB declared in 1066 and 333 for 1333). Thus 200 * 5 = 1,000.

I hope I have helped.

would that be the same setting (X5) for the E7500 core2 duo??
    and does Memory have to do with 64bit OS? like older ddr2

question Re: What is and what use is LDT

If LDT has to do with AMD then why is it in a Intell Motherboard?

Many users asks, In practical terms, lowering the LDT frequency multiplier brings benefits in stability in overclocking or some other benefit? As for the performance change anything if you set a low number +? The answer for this question is, you can not say absolutely. It depends on the voltages, from how you set the other parameters of the bios and then on how you set the operation of other components.