Thread: Reserator 2 problems, help!

Reserator 2 problems, help!

Was in the mood in a very quiet system but wanted to keep it relatively easy so when I found a committed affordable Reserator 2, I thought it seemed fun. In sight, it seems obvious that I should buy nice air-cooling instead, but now is what it is.

Now after a few weeks of frustration, it is less fun. The problems are two, one surely / hopefully is the right stupid / obvious.

Problem 1:
    Pumping around the water in the system. I've turned the computer and Reserator up and down and in all possible angles in safe 20timer, sometimes it works and turns on which it is expected, but when I put it on again 20minutes later, it is quiet again. Does these symptoms suggest something special?

Problem 2:
    Ok this is a risk that this is a stupid question but my mobbo (ASUS P5q-E) screaming that the CPU fan is not plugged in and turn off when I boot the computer (I am well aware that I do not have a chilling here for the CPU and off course by computer after 30 sec or so). My best guess is that I should do one of the following things, but none of them sounds obvious to me
    1. hot-linking
    2. turn off the control somewhere
    3. disconnect reseratorn to PCU power.

Is at the level that I am ready to throw the whole rig in the bin and appreciate all the help.

Re: Reserator 2 problems, help!

1. Have you ever cleaned before you started? Thought that it was just begining. So this could be a lot of places, such as in the pump, as it still is.

Since Reseratorn and the computer must be on the same height for optimum driving.

2. Turn off in the BIOS, tends to be disturbed "ignore" or "disable".

Hope you get it properly, is a good cooler otherwise.

Make sure everything is clean and ensure that the liquid level is high enough. I am not sure what it is to pump in reseratorn, but most types of pumps should not work in certain angles, type upside down. If the pump is still trouble is probably defective.

In a closed loop plays no height difference among the components any role. The energy needed to pump up the liquid restored when the liquid must inevitably down again.

It is not completely closed. Stands empty in the manual that you should tilt it to the air to move out.

Now, I have never looked closely at Reserator 2 so perhaps you are right.

But, even if the loop is not fully closed loop as learned from reseratorn, into the computer, out of the computer and back to reseratorn be closed? In this case, does it still does not matter how the components of the computer are placed or how reseratorn placed in relation to the computer, height difference as the pump must overcome is always constant.

The turning and twisting it to get out of the air, I do not understand what it has got to do with it? You can do that always?

When it is a closed system so I think that it has no chance of venting except through a responsive valve (as the water element in the house). Reseratorn has a small hole in the lid at the top of the air to move out of the way and then I do not think that it is a closed system.

There you write lorenz is quite right, but can say from personal experience of both Reserator 1v2 and Reserator 2 that unless they are at the same height with your computer stops the pump. It seems very inferior in the pump and it says in the manual how to install an external pump. Only it feels a little urging from Zalman that you're doing.

In this case, I wonder why the pump is affected by the computer and reseratorns location relatively each other. According to my theory it should work just as hard regardless of their location.

But experience beat theory all times