Thread: SpeedFan 4.37

SpeedFan 4.37

SpeedFan, the small handy program that monitors the components of your PC, just to see the day version 4.37. Recall that SpeedFan will allow you to control the speed of fans depending on temperature, thereby reducing the noise level of the computer. Similarly, you will also be possible to know the temperature of hard drives SMART.

Output SpeedFan 4.37

Only a few hardware monitor chips do label their connectors with "CPU", "System" and the like. Most of them use labels like "Temp1", "Local" or "Remote". The hardware manufacturers connect available pins to different temperature sensors basically according to the physical placement of components on the motherboard.

This means that the same chip, an ITE IT8712F, for example, might be connected to a sensor diode measuring CPU temperature on Temp2 and, on a different hardware, it might be connected on Temp1. If you have a "Local" sensor and a "Remote" labeled one, this usually means that "Local" is the temperature of the monitor chip itself and "Remote" is the temperature read from a "remote" probe.

Here are some key features of "SpeedFan":

• Handle almost any number of South Bridges

• Handle almost any number of hardware monitor chips

• Handle almost any number of temperature readings

• Handle almost any number of voltage readings

• Handle almost any number of fan speed readings

• Handle almost any number of PWMs

Download Speedfan 4.37

How fan speed changing works?

Can you explain me the working?

Re: SpeedFan 4.37

SpeedFan monitor temperatures from several sources. By properly configuring SpeedFan, you can let it change fan speeds based on system temperatures. When choosing parameters for the minimum and maximum fan speed, try to set them by hand (disable all the VARIATE FANs checkboxes) and listen to the noise. When you hear no noise from the fan then you can set that value as the minimum fan speed for that fan. I suggest to use 100 as the maximum value, unless you hear a lot of noise from it, in which case you might reduce the maximum speed to 95 or 90. You can set, say, 60 as the maximum value and, sometimes, I myself set it that way. Consider that when the WARNING temperature is reached, the program sets the fan speed to 100, whatever maximum speed you selectedt. One last word should be said regarding the USE FAN x listbox. In my pc, more than one temperature changes when a fan runs faster. You can configure on which fan every temperature should rely. On my system, TEMP1 and TEMP3 are both influenced by FAN1.

Hello,
    Read a lot of good things about SpeedFan. Decided to try it. I have 3 computers, and this is my experience:
    1) Gateway 3450 notebook.
    SpeedFan recognized the fan. Recognized a MAX1619-8 temperature sensor. In the advanced tab it states that it "needs support at $4D on IntelSMSBus". Of course no temperature shown. Installed Motherboard Monitor 5 and shows both, temp and fan speed, but of course no temperature control.

2) Dell Inspiron 1100.
    SpeedFan recognises no fan but recognises an ACPI temperature that indicates 30C. This may be the motherboard temperature because the CPU runs at about 50C. Of course no temperature control. Installed I8kfanGUI, recognizes temperature, fan and adjusts temperature by adjusting fan speed.

3) Tower case with Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M mother board and AMD Sampron 2800+ processor and a GeForce FX-5500 video card with fan.
    SpeedFan recognizes CPU, motherboard and HDD temperatures. It also recognizes the CPU Fan and shows its speed and shows PWM on ISA bus at $290 address. This is great but the fan speed cannot be changed. Further, it recognized the GeForce video card as GPU temperature as 0c, no fan.

That's zero out of 3 for controlling fan speed. Not very impressive. How do other people get SpeedFan to work properly?
    Thanks

Can you tell us about your operating system please?
    I know that it varies from system to system because there are lot of factors. How good the fans are, how many you have, how much air they move, your maximum and minimum speeds and temperatures, etc. In your experience, what general area do you think one should set the Delta/Step value? I realize that if you have more fans, the fans don’t need to adjust as fast and vice versa

All my computers run Windows XP Pro SP3.
    1) Gateway 3450.
    This is a small notebook about 10 years old (pretty old by computer standards) but works well. It has one fan, not sure about it's speeds. The CPU temp runs at about 44C and runs up to about 56C. I've had it up to about 62C, but it locks up at that temp. The problem here with SpeedFan is that it does not support the temp sensor (MAX1619-8) because it says so in the advanced drop down selection field. I don't know any more about this system.

2) Dell Inspiron 1100 notebook.
    I am not worried about this computer because I have it running with the Dell specific I8kfanGUI application that works.

3) Tower case with Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M mother board and AMD Sampron 2800+ processor and a GeForce FX-5500 video card with fan.
    Even though the CPU is a 2800+ it is clocked only at 1.6Ghz. I asked the technician about this at the time of purchase and he said that all the AMD's are clocked lower than the specified. This might explain why it idles at about 37C and rises to about 41C at 100% load. This machine has a CPU fan, a power supply fan and a small fan on the GeForce video card. The CPU fan runs at about 3400rpm all the time. Since I cannot get control of it I don't know any other specifics of this fan. The GeForce fan is not reported by SpeedFan, so all I know about it is that it runs all the time. The GeForce temperature is reported as GPU temperature of zero degrees, which is wrong.

Sorry that I don't know any more details about these systems.
    Thanks