Thread: Selecting the new Cooler

Selecting the new Cooler

I have a stock cooler on my e8500 as the clock 8x485 = 3880 on a Asus p5q Deluxe motherboard and is about to have addressed in a new cooling since my cpu is now on the wrong side of 70 ºC.

It is the first time I try forcing with overclocking. I would like to be able to throw it up over the good side of 4000mhz without my smoke detectors in progress. But as I say, I am only beginner so do not need the wildest of the wild but so there is no need to buy something rubbish when you can throw a tyver top and then get something properly.

My problem is just what should I choose? I would not like to spend a lot of money in new cooling since I have had money thrown after cpu, and new motherboard, RAM so...

My cabinet is the same as this,
    ASUS TA-210 - Midi Tower - ATX - no power supply - black, silver

As you can see it is 19cm wide so do not know exactly whether it can cope with a cooler, such as,
    Scythe Mugen CPU Cooler

There is 16cm long which otherwise have read in this thread would be good (also for money). In the same line says no mention of internal water cooling (Siberian tiger) which should be ok but I think unfortunately it just exceeds what I can be with the price and so I think that water cooling just seems a bit too * * OEHM "geeky"

Anybody know whether there are other alternatives that could suit me?

Re: Selecting the new Cooler

One wonders why you have multiplier to 8 when it normally is 9.5?

would obviously choose this,
    XIGMATEK HDT-S1283

the HDT-s1283 is cheap and good
    But another important thing is Airflow

It will probably have more context with the game = higher performance.

Well, if you are a little farm with a dremel or you know someone who can expand your 80mm back, to take 120mm, as would a NorthQ Siberian tiger .. if the new model with 2 * 120mm radiator, help greatly in it.

Exactly Omari, I 've tried to get my FSB as high as possible in order to get the most out of my RAM. They can not keep up with if I lower it to 7.5. But more than 8 and my cpu is too hot due to higher clock as a multiplier on the 8th.

Housing for both Scythe Mugen cooler (which I had picked out) and XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 are both 2 on the 16cm in length and really believe in them to be in a 19cm deep cabinet? Others may have this? Or other alternatives which have a more reasonable length are still cooler at about the same level?

The issue is so..which one of the two cooler is best.

Unfortunately, I cannot get something that can be mad casing up to have a place to which the Siberian tiger (water cooling) but how much better cooling for approximately it costs more than the two coolers described above?

There are also approximately 19cm in my brother's pc and he is having no problems till now.