Thread: Overclock of Phenom 8450

Overclock of Phenom 8450

Change the platform a few days and I start to step in the Overclock get below my configuration.

Amd 8450 Tri-Core Phenom
    ECS A780GM-A Black Series
    2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) (OCZ2P8002GK?
    E-vga 6800GS PCI-e

Looking at some guides I decided to start and try to stabilize my platform with a moderate overclock, with an FSB of 248-250 arrives at increasing the frequency of 2.1 to 2.6 default without any problem. Passing the first 95 hours and I have no problem daring, considering that this board is rather unique to my liking as per the guides. Usually most of the options are configurable (other models of plate), in that many are automatic which puzzled me a little while and I am relieved.

Should understand that the processor is stable, but ... to do a test with the same prime, but this time in blend checker for the memories ... the problems began .. in less than 5 minutes. I find errors in hardware which is not presented with the same test default mode (processor). I made the comparison to download some sort of manufacturing flaw.

As mentioned earlier my intention is for now stabilize without changing voltages, I say this simply because I think even totally inexperienced at the time to do it.

Another thing that has me worried are the latencies of the memories, I do not understand as are so high ... in relation to how should be according to the specifications of the store where purchased. God .. I hope it can help stabilize this, as I think the limit by now.

Therefore, you have the memos in 500 Mhz.

there's your cheese:

Want to raise the vdimm to see if they get to those frequencies, it would be my recommendation to stay on the frequency. And by the way, you can squeeze a bit more latencies. Then beam test .. and if it remains stable, then continue giving the pro (6)

Hello, thank you for responding.
    Indeed, lower latencies to 5-5-5-13 and the frequency at 2.5ghz (both stable) follow testing. But I think I have to update the bios, I think many of my issues are due to this .. let after the features and some comments on the website on this plate.

Updated the bios?

Note that this is not anything, especially because that can bring problems. Bios updates only when necessary (eg. support of another processor, etc). I do not think the changes affect in some way (or significantly) the overclocked from a PC.

But I have concerned him to stay on the frequency of memos. If the process is more stable ... normal. Now is your limiting the configuration of the ram.

Hah, if I understood but...the memories of those latencies do not hold more frequent in cpu. I can not increase or decrease over the fsb for more latencies. I reached a bit of balance, been interesting to have left 2.6ghz ... but these memories are relatively heavy.

It seems to me that these are confusing latencies, low mhz of the memos, not the timmings, hardly a stock voltage can operate at 500MHz (1000mhz troops) fine.

Thanks for the tips, effectively reduced the frequency of reports .. 500 + mhz (unstable) at 475mhz very stable. I say this because it happens in Prime95 blend and memtest for more than 4 hours each. I do not understand that on my plate but I can not reduce the frequency of direct reports (at least I have not been able to) the only way is to make automatically to reduce the FSB of way. I could reduce the latencies to 5-5-5-13 ... I left a few screens.

There is a part to the bios, says something like DDR timing m2. I do not remember. Is the WEA is ALWAYS AUTO, you change its appear options to 800 Mhz, 667, 533, 400. If your bios is set to 800 (sometimes 400, depending on the motherboard) the idea is that value as the frequency of the RAM and CPU, are in sync (both at the same speed).

Then, if you get the fsb to 250 of the procedure, the Rams 250 (UNQ the CPUz, sample 500) the idea is SES value of what ram configure a 667 in the Bios beam testing and reviews with CPUZ.

Thanks for helping me

Actually I found that option before I had tried to use it but without any effect, and most of the alternatives have, anyway the plate automatically stops 1:2, I played a while if you could achieve 1:1 but I find it impossible.

In any case now staying at 245:490, the memories are very stable. After a lot of hours of prime memtest and, like the processor, There is also a drawback leaving it well.

Re: Overclock of Phenom 8450

hello people i need your help i buy that processor and overclock , and giveme 2.6 ghz but when i what to come back to the original version of the processor of 2.1 ghz in windows only showme 1.09 ghz its that ok or i have a kind of problem what can i do to get a solution

thanks

my mother board is a t series of biostar 780g am2+