Thread: How to reduce the temperature in the HDD

How to reduce the temperature in the HDD

I have a HDD WDC WD3200YS-01PGB0 with Nexus drive twin in a position 5.25, both below and above the HDD is a vacancy. Yet the temperature is not cool 49 C measured with Everest. The sidewall temperature falls to 40. CPU even from 38 to 26. How do I adjust HDD while around, with no fan.

On the CPU is the freezer 7pro AC (1100), the entry level Noctua NF-S12 800, a source Corsair has 120 mm fan. Case EUROCASE MLI 1351 + stering about 1 cm thick material.

It is needed to make the draft in the closet...impossible to mount the fan before the disc? What's the type of boxes? Important thing is to exhaust warm air, most of the boxes some 120 mm, fan back outwards from the boxes. Next fan should go before the drive which would herded sigh direction through the most.

Another possibility is some silencer (aluminum box into which the hdd is). This is unfortunately more expensive solution.

1. Have you got in the closet tidy cables to prevent air flow?

2. Obviously thats overheating because warm air accumulates in the case. Give further fan to drive heat out.

3. Until that the best draft in a box, not even aluminum box on the disk, it will take just slightly longer than the disc as well as heated now.

4. If you troubleshoot, you can carve a hole in the fan in the upper plate, just 80 mm to 5V. This could remove the warm air from the upper part, where you now drive.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER COP View Post
    1. Have you got in the closet tidy cables to prevent air flow?

2. Obviously thats overheating because warm air accumulates in the case. Give further fan to drive heat out.

3. Until that the best draft in a box, not even aluminum box on the disk, it will take just slightly longer than the disc as well as heated now.

4. If you troubleshoot, you can carve a hole in the fan in the upper plate, just 80 mm to 5V. This could remove the warm air from the upper part, where you now drive.
    Good idea. Thanks

I would like to throw a stop on the noctua back. but in some cases around the hdd for a bag with hot air, it is necessary to set in motion.

Otherwise I drive a WD at home. Fan is in front of disk. I get temperatures around 50°, interesting. Checked in the other drive of Seagate as well to feel the heat and got 26°

WD drives were defective temperature sensor, so that showed several degrees more than it actually was. I own a piece that shows about 16° C more. In particular WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0.

As far as cooling, I hung on the drives in the 5.25' positions and from them 12 cm fan. It's simple and quiet solution, the temperature is 36°, beautiful.