Thread: Bump CPU temperatures

Bump CPU temperatures

I wanted your opinion about excessive volatility CPU temperature, explain me better:

The processor (Athlon64 x2 6400+) travels below 40 degrees idle, and over 50 in stress (100%) up to points of 55 / 57 degrees after tens of minutes of use at 100% ... temperatures than in standard, whereas I'm still working to improve the airflow of homes.

The fact is that the temperature rises almost instantly, it goes from 40 to 50 degrees and passes within a few seconds, and then level off below 60 in the worst cases (over).

I was accustomed to sudden changes less fast, even given the 125W of CPU, it seems slightly strange ... the temperature rises so quickly, but falls equally quickly, this makes me think that cmq heatsink is not installed properly.

The heatsink is a Coolermaster eclipse, I think it is quite valid....

Use pastry brush with thermal zalman to apply, is a spectacle, you can put a layer almost perfect.

Any recommendations / opinions?

The Zalman with the brush used well. The only advice I can give you is to see the imprint of dissy on procio (or vice versa of course) put paste on procio, dissy the mountains, the rismonti and see how the imprint.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

For instance this is the heatsink. It strip of fine, try to suc with a bit of compressed air, perhaps is chock full of dust, and the fan is struggling to dispose of the heat.

If problem of dust, you disassemble the council, clean pallets fan with a rag with water, then move to clean the CPU and buy a new thermal paste. I will advice you precisely Zalman, said the spalmi uniformly good for both the cpu and then everything.

The heatsink is new, zero dust, and I made paste for benino, the first supporting said on procio just dirty paste to see the imprint and then a layer of paste on both end on the processor.

As I said it make contact, because when the heats proceed the heatpipe are filled with hot air and spits out like a hair dryer.

Is perhaps for the physiological structure, as a surface not too massive that touches the procio, then transmit the heat to strip, the fact is that the air comes and goes in an instant.

The problem is aluminium pipe .. cmq the weather is good, then fatigue... a delta of 20gradi causes problems....

cmq pipes are copper instead. Yes, but in fact, for temp nn my concern is only that I was expecting better behavior from the said that assumes the top of range ... maybe it was a symptom of a problem. I repeat, was not that a little CPU.

Probably that does not have enough copper to ensure a stable temperature, and yet it seems strange ... from what is beautiful photos from the heatsink. Although trust probes of cpu is a little 'a bet

BTW:The pipes are copper, but doesn't seem to be 'red'? Are they copper with painted aluminium?

Quote Originally Posted by solaris View Post
    cmq pipes are copper instead.
    From the photo you provided, it looked to be aluminium pipes.